Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Interesting Sky Sports article on Redmond.

Sorry if this has been shared already but I couldn''t see it. Sky Sports nailed this one. What a player Redmond is becoming.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/22706/9966826/nathan-redmond-at-norwich-city-how-alex-neil-helped-him-improve

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]With only 2 years left on his contract I really worry that Norwich will lose Redmond relatively cheaply next summer.

Hopefully there will be some good news regarding this soon.[/quote]Luckily he''ll be under 24 when his contract expires, so we''ll still have a little bit of power as we know we can''t lose him on a free (unless he goes abroad). Well, we have more power than we would if he was 25, anyway.

True, but compensation levels are a bit of a joke, £5m for Ings shows that, it is also partly determined by how much of the player development was carried out at the club.

Birmingham will be due a large chunk of whatever money Norwich get in compensation.

I guess this is the sort of situation where a buy out for clause is inserted to keep both parties happy with a new contract?

You would hope so Buh, I know his agent(s) were are Carrow Road for the Stoke game. His main agent is the same as Mark Cavendish''s.

You would imagine it was a top priority after the play-off final though and nothing seems to have been agreed yet, hopefully the ''i''s are being dotted and the ''t''s crossed.

I worry about minimum fee release clauses as it is hard to predict how the market will go after the new TV deal. Norwich might go for a £25m level thinking that is high, when it turns out to be the new average price for a Championship striker!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I worry about minimum fee release clauses as it is hard to predict how the market will go after the new TV deal. Norwich might go for a £25m level thinking that is high, when it turns out to be the new average price for a Championship striker![/quote]It''s got to be done, though, I would imagine. Balanced and mature though Redmond appears to be, he''d want assurances before signing a long-term deal. He''s not going to tie himself down for another four-or-more years without such a clause - he''s shown loyalty to us already, but any combination of senior England caps, relegation, Neil leaving or a big-bucks offer from a top six side would surely be enough for him to (quite reasonably) seek pastures new. Either way, it''s imperative that we get him to sign on the dotted line as a matter of urgency.

Reading the article, he seems (like so many of our players, Lewis apart maybe) to have so much respect for Alex Neil, that if anyone can convince him to commit to a longer contract then its Sir Alex.

Nathan Redmond is one of the most level-headed players we have. I have no worries about his contract being sorted tbh. As the article says, the best place for him is with us and Alex Neil. If AN leaves, then I will worry! Lol.

His Mum seems to be a big influence on him and helps keep his feet on the ground. Am sure he would be talking to her about the best way forward in his career. Maybe send her some flowers, show her hoe much he is loved here and get her to have a word with him to nudge him in the right direction.

[quote user="Dead Canary"]His Mum seems to be a big influence on him and helps keep his feet on the ground. Am sure he would be talking to her about the best way forward in his career. Maybe send her some flowers, show her hoe much he is loved here and get her to have a word with him to nudge him in the right direction.[/quote]

Lol I like this. All yellow and green flowers of course