Sign in to follow this  
 chaywa

Lineup for Southampton

So Southampton aren''t exactly having the best of times at the moment, after a sluggish start and going out of Europe last night, and with the International break about to appear, it''s unlikely they''ll be 100% fighting fit at the moment.

So I''m hoping we''ll start with a line-up a little different to really hit them hard to push for a win on Sunday. Toffolo has really impressed me so far (throughout pre-season and against Rotherham on Tuesday), so I''m hoping he''ll get a starting place (especially as Olsson is confirmed to be playing in the U21 tonight) and we all want to see Brady in a more advanced role, so my suggested lineup would be:

Ruddy

Whits - Martin - Bassong - Toffolo

---------------Tettey------------------

Redmond -- Howson --- Brady

--------------Hoolahan--------------

--------------Jerome-------------------

Thoughts?

Agree with Toffolo being given a chance, looks very promising. However, can''t see AN changing the line up at all. Played very well over the first 3 games, dominating in most, so why fix something that isn''t broken?

Cant see him dropping Dorrans either!

I agree with this lineup, but starting with a young''un such as Toffolo does come with a risk so I wouldn''t be too bothered if he started with Brady at LB, Howson on left wing and Dorrans in CM, as Dorrans has done really well for me and I think AN will start him.

Dorrans has been a great addition to our team, he looks so comfortable on the ball, one of the first on the teamsheet for me.

Think it''s going to be a much tougher game than some appear to be thinking - I would be happy with a point away from home. Hopefully we pick up where we left off against Stoke and get in their faces for the full 90 mins.

I don''t think the line-up from the Stoke game is broken, so I see no reason to fix it.

On another note, I am normally one of the more realistic/pessimistic fans, but I really fancy us on Sunday. We''re playing well, in good form, and Southampton haven''t really got going yet. They''ve also got uncertainty surrounding a couple of key players'' futures and had a trip to Denmark last night.

It is a great time to play them.

Cant see Dorrans being dropped - has been excellent so far this season. Really cant see a change from the last two starting XIs.

And thats good enough for me

Subs bench will be illuminating though

''One or two from Doncaster will push for a place on the bench. ''.......... Dead Canary

Isnt that who 1p5wich played? i thought we played Rotherham. Hmmmm

Surely Alex Neil will keep an unchanged team, must be a likelihood of RVW & Hooper on the bench to go in for the kill. This has to be seen as an opportunity against Southampton who aren''t going to be this weak for long, we have to take advantage of their transition period, their manager is changing the formation and team shape, even playing 3 at the back.

Brady at L/B

Whits R/B

We won''t need those two defending much, Southampton have created so few chances recently, keep center halfs and Tetty to mop up & have 7 players to rip them apart, we will win this game.

Same team as Stoke for me.

Get in their face, mark up and stick to your men at set pieces and go and express yourself - enjoy it.

There - that''s my team talk!

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 28/08/2015 5:30 PM:

RVW

RVW RVW RVW RVW

RVW RVW

RVW RVW

RVW

RVW

That''s all well and good, but where are the goals going to come from?

Ruddy

Whittaker martin bassong brady

Redmond dorrans tettey howson

Hoolahan

Jerome

Subs:

Rudd, r bennett, johnson, oneil, odjija, hooper, rvw

putting hoolahan up against wanyama is a little daft imoleft wing is an issue until olsson is fitid go                 ruddymartin bennett bassong toffolo/or olsson if fit                    tettey       dorrans         howsonredmond                        brady                 jerome

Only changes on the bench -  RVW for Grabban (certainly no Grabban, of course), Lafferty to replace Hooper (perhaps Odjidja but I would imagine he''d want two strikers?) - although Hooper may keep his place because of the Grabban incident and his not going out on loan just yet.

Not sure if Toffolo will be trusted in what is an important game, and I think that Brady could continue there for one more game, which would allow both Dorrans and Howson to play. ( I still think that Howson is the more complete footballer, and perhaps should be captain.)

Olsson is not quite ready, but ought to be playing after a further week if his game on Friday caused no bad reaction. Then AN will have a difficult selection problem. I would always want to accommodate Howson, so either he or Dorrans could play wide left.

[quote user="foxruels"]Only changes on the bench -  RVW for Grabban (certainly no Grabban, of course), Lafferty to replace Hooper (perhaps Odjidja but I would imagine he''d want two strikers?) - although Hooper may keep his place because of the Grabban incident and his not going out on loan just yet.[/quote]

Lafferty ??? Seriously ??? I wonder about some of the posters on here and their mental health ,, Lafferty hasn''t even played a game yet since his injury ,, do make air fix models ,,, using plenty of glue ?

[quote user="Dead Canary"]Same line up as Stoke and Sunderland. Everyone is playing well and don''t think anyone deserves to lose their place on recent performances. One or two from Doncaster will push for a place on the bench.[/quote]
Binner