Sign in to follow this  
Fakenham Canary

Watford fan on 606

A few of you probably heard this yesterday, guy came on to talk about watford''s transfer policy and was distraught by the fact they have signed so many players that are proving difficult to integrate and that it was costing the club its identity. He was asking why on earth they couldnt have gone with the squad that got them promoted, perhaps just adding 2 or 3 quality signings to add depth. It made me smile because a few people on here were jealous of watford''s signings and it just goes to show that there are fans out there who are jealous of our approach too!

With fans of Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Sunderland, Chelsea etc etc all sounding very disgruntled, it made me wonder how many sets of fans are NOT panicking ahead of the window closing? its easy to live in an NCFC bubble and not realise that actually, most of the things we worry about the rest do too. I dont think we rate our own players enough sometimes. Mbokani coming in, perhaps shifting a couple out and a last minute defensive signing, and I reckon we should be adding ourselves to the small list of clubs that dont have anything to moan about..

With Mbokani seemingly a done deal I would be happy with another central defender coming in before the deadline. I imagine that another forward might be on the cards too. This would give us a squad full of options and a very good chance of cashing in on the premier league next season.

Not panicking at all but we need another centre half. If it doesn''t happen then oh well.

Ive got a feeling that if the Mbokani deal happens then we may sign Gayle instead of some of the other strikers we''ve been linked to. Being they offer very different options.

This i would be very happy with but imo would be a luxury.

[quote user="lharman7"]Not panicking at all but we need another centre half. If it doesn''t happen then oh well.

Ive got a feeling that if the Mbokani deal happens then we may sign Gayle instead of some of the other strikers we''ve been linked to. Being they offer very different options.

This i would be very happy with but imo would be a luxury.[/quote]I agree with these sentiments. I think we''ll end up with Gayle, or possibly Murray, as Wickham and Bamford are probably the main two at Palace now so they''re a little oversubscribed. I wasn''t enthused when we were linked with either of them before as it looked like they may be the main signing in the striking department, but if we end up with Jerome, Mbokani and Gayle/Murray I wouldn''t be too disappointed. Then I suppose one of Hooper or van Wolfswinkel may stay as an extra option.We do desperately need a centre back though. We only have Martin, Bassong and Bennett now, and that is definitely one body light.

Agreed. Be very happy with Jerome, Mbokani, Gayle and Hooper/RvW. Grabban gone obviously.

I''m happy with our transfers so far. I wouldn''t want us to do what Watford did and pretty much get in a new team, you want to keep the team spirit and momentum but just adding 3 or 4 players that can improve the team. Which I think we have done.