Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

48 Hrs - Over to you McNally...

That''s 4 games now against ''average'' premier league opposition:

We''ve defended like schoolboys for 7 of the 8 goals conceded thus far and we haven''t had a single goal from a striker yet - with Jerome missing 2 absolute sitters in the last 2 games.

McNally & Co - If you''re serious about us staying in the premier league then you have to spend SIGNIFICANT money on at least one new centre half and a striker, although with Jerome''s confidence seemingly at rock bottom maybe 2 new strikers are needed?!

The next 48 hours will be very telling re how serious our Board really are about us staying in the Premier league.

Incidentally, we shouldn''t get too complacent - Hughton got a lot of stick 2 years ago, and rightly so, but his start to the season was no worse than this year - against more difficult opposition!

It''s going to be an exciting last few days of the transfer window I think, which makes it a nice change.

I hope for:

Koulibaly

Mbokani (loan by the sounds of it)

and either Afobe, McCormack

and perhaps wouldn''t mind pritchard on loan, but thats perhaps too unrealistic to expect 4 players.

Even with a re-shaped back four, today shows we need strengthening there!

And we clearly need extra firepower. Get rid of Grabs, and use the money for Afobe or Austin (hopong Mbkeoni is already here!)

PS-re: the latter-have we signed him or haven''t we. No confirmation anywhere??

"This result does add a bit more pressure to get some quality signings in."

Agreed, with the emphasis on QUALITY for once.

I''m fed up with signing players no better than we''ve already got - Wisdom for instance - made it look like not too much wisdom was involved from our scouts based on his marking or rather lack of it for their last 2 goals today.

Cant link as on my phone, but if you search mbokani on twitter then there is a link to a picture of him and a city badge he has ''liked'' on instagram.... Looks promising.

Ask yuorself, is it about the players that wont come? of the  getting rid of players from the wageroll before NCFC will sign a player?Last year we got Lafferty and RVW off, this year, so far, we haven''t. Hooper / RVW / Laff all big earners. Club looking to move them. Grabban has complicated things. Whilst NCFC adopt a "neutral" transfer position, it is a balancing act. Advance three year season ticket sales may help a bit, it is , after all at NCFC , about cash flow.

Thought we were poor today from the start, certainly not the same effort and urgency seen in the previous matches. Had Jerome scored that chance as he should have we may well have come away with at least a point. Highlights the need for better quality than what we have and hopefully grabben will be gone with 2 more quality forwards coming in. the next few hours will probably determine our fate this season

"NCFC adopt a "neutral" transfer position, it is a balancing act. Advance three year season ticket sales may help a bit, it is , after all at NC"

If we managed to get rid of RvW for a season long loan after that first season in the Prem I have 100% faith in McNally offloading the likes of Hooper, Lafferty & co. Have we ever struggled to offload out of favour players? Don''t think so and I can''t see it now.

i think the return of Olsson will make a significant diffrence both to our defence and going forward.

A lot of goals weve conceded have come down our left due to Brady''s inexperience there, it will also allow Brady to get forward and will provide the whole team with a far better balance with him out wide on the left as opposed to Howson / Johnson.

To those expecting a new central defender, I just dont see us doing it?, I just cant see Neil dropping either Bassong or his team captain to make way.

A new striker is is clearly a necessity and everything is pointing toward MBokani. ...still thinki we need a "No.10" with a bit of pace......other than Redmond, we have a chronic lack of pace.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]Ask yuorself, is it about the players that wont come? of the  getting rid of players from the wageroll before NCFC will sign a player?Last year we got Lafferty and RVW off, this year, so far, we haven''t. Hooper / RVW / Laff all big earners. Club looking to move them. Grabban has complicated things. Whilst NCFC adopt a "neutral" transfer position, it is a balancing act. Advance three year season ticket sales may help a bit, it is , after all at NCFC , about cash flow. [/quote]It is a balancing act, and a question of money, particularly over wages. Oddly enough, if anyone as benefited from today it could be Grabban. He was Neil''s first choice as lone striker until the Rotherham game, and it sounds as if Jerome, brilliant as he was last season, is again struggling at the Premier League level. I don''t meant that Grabban is PL clearly quality (I doubt he is) but he may offer more than Jerome.On the assumption that we get in one extra striker, then the quartet (I assume there will be four) would be AN Other, Jerome, Grabban and Hooper/van Wolfswinkel, dependng on whether or not we can offload the latter.If (which seems to be the hope) we get in two then it is AN Other, AN Other, Jerome and Grabban, assuming we can offload Hooper and van Wolfswinkel.I wouldn''t make that much of van Wolfswinkel not coming on as a sub today, given the odd circumstances, but that Hooper did come on rather than him suggests that Neil continues not to rate him, and that if he is in the 25-man sqaud it will be because our strking aims for the transfer market have not worked out.

Let''s calm down here, crystal palace we were unlucky but they genuinely are a good counter attack away team as proven by Chelsea game yesterday. We beat Sunderland, yes we should have beat Stoke but still a v good performance . Only today has been a poor performance (albeit I maintain poor referring ) so let''s keep getting behind our boys and hope the likes of Mbokani Koubilaly etc sign and improve us further

How many more times can we be told to get behind our boys you start to sound like Delia Smith, she and her husband are actually holding this club back and I am losing patience with it all