Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Glenn Murray

Absolute donkey , if this is what Norwich have taken all summer to bring in then you have to question the people in charge . Sometimes this club just feels so lower league its unbelievable . If we end up going down nobody will be able to say we didnt deserve it .

he has a good goals to game ratio, and has proven he can score at this level. Bit of Grant Holt bullish type player.

he might be useful as backup, but i really rate Jerome these days and he''d be hard pushed to take take his place.

As i''ve said above would not be the most inspiring of signings but he''s a decent enough player who has scored goals at every level he''s played including the premier league.

In addition i may be wrong but I believe he played as part of the front 2 alongside Jerome for half a season at Palace and the two linked up pretty well.

I''ve just seen via a friend that Hooper wasn''t at the open training session, and then this. Possibly moving Hooper out, and bringing Murray in?

Because his names Glenn Murray the majority don''t rate him. If he was black and had an exotic sounding name that no one had heard of everyone would be raving about him. You just have to look at his experience and record and what he brings to the table to see he is a good player.

What utter moronic drivel Mr Harrington!

Here''s a pic of Murray in yellow to whet your appetites - http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/goal_uk/a0/de/glenn-murray-crystal-palace_1x46cruefwoda14m02ypmjzn52.jpg?t=-1309436892&w=940

Maybe we will also go in for Gayle and make a double swoop from Palace?

Murray & Gayle in, and Hoops & Grabban out? Sounds exciting!

It''s not that Al, it''s that he''s turning 32 in September and has spent most of his career in the lower leagues. Fine if he was on a free or cheap, but I don''t think he''ll be either.

I suppose Gayle is a direct replacement for Grabban would be good but Murray for Hooper is going through a lot of faff and wasted money for a benched player. Not the most inspiring...

Too many sulking on here because we haven''t signed that all elusive big name - Murray would do a decent job for this season and help keep us in the prem ready for next years TV cash bonanza.

This is how you end up when you are scratching around at the end of the window, this panic scramble is only going to get worse.

Not good.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Too many sulking on here because we haven''t signed that all elusive big name - Murray would do a decent job for this season and help keep us in the prem ready for next years TV cash bonanza.[/quote]It has nothing to do with sulking about a big name. Murray would be a stop gap and an expensive one at that. In a choice between Murray or nobody I would go for nobody everytime. Hopefully this is just paper talk because I would be shocked to think that anyone in our management team would think signing him would be a positive step.

Someone said he knows where the net is at premier league level, well he only has 8 premier league goals. 8 in 33. Hooper not far behind that with 6 in 32.

Cor blimey… there''s some serious levels of over-reaction going on here today isn''t there?

Murray is a good, solid player that has done well wherever he''s played.

So Cameron Jerome gets injured and we play whom exactly? None of you rate Grabban, so who do you want up there? Someone who''s played that role well for years or someone that has no knowledge of the PL?

We all sing the praises of Alex Neil… how about you trust him as well. Until the season is over no-one knows how it will pan out.

I dunno what you are all expecting, but a dose of realism wouldn''t go amiss…

I''m with Ricardo - I''d rather go with the four we have, RvW included, than spend a small fortune (for us) on Murray.

[quote user="Jim Smith"].[/quote]

We appear to be at the stage where AN wants anyone who is vaguely available and prepared to come to us. Murray is ok and certainly not the worst option in the world but once again, another day, another bid, different player. Where is the focus/planning here. It just seems desperate.SPOT ON JIM.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Someone said he knows where the net is at premier league level, well he only has 8 premier league goals. 8 in 33. Hooper not far behind that with 6 in 32.[/quote]

There''s always that chap who''s scored 38/138 for Rangers, 11/34 for Palermo, 14/42 for Northern Ireland... Not the prem, I know, but he could **maybe** do a job for us given that no-one else seems to fancy it.

A dose of realism? You''re having a laugh Andy. Comments like yours are the very reason we have little old Norwich syndrome.

Forget the Premier League for a moment and just look at what teams in the Championship are paying for players.

Rumours of £5m + for a 32 year old Glenn Murray is just farcical. I also would rather we just went with what we''ve got if this is all we can muster.

The "Norwich have bid for Glenn Murray" story has been removed from the Sky Sports website!

Hopefully they were told to take it down because it was complete ball locks.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]The "Norwich have bid for Glenn Murray" story has been removed from the Sky Sports website!

Hopefully they were told to take it down because it was complete ball locks.[/quote]We can but hope.

Rumours… EXACTLY! That''s all they are.

So yes, a dose of realism is exactly what is needed.

And stop with your ''little old Norwich'' snipes… it''s a tired cliché and singularly lacking in any imagination.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]All Lafferty needs is a chastity belt and some bromide and he''s good to go.[/quote]

I saw the statement at the time from President (or whatever) but is there any real substance to this rumour - I thought he had got engaged?

I have never seen him play in his best position at Norwich and would like to have seen him given a chance. when he played out wide he showed that he was reasonably mobile for a central striker, so I have not seen any real reason to rule him out as a squad player.

It''s not a dose of realism, your attitude is little old norwich, whether cliched or not, that''s what it is.

Is Murray suddenly the only striking option available?

Do you think he would be our main striker or a backup? If he''s a backup is it wise spending £5m+ on a 32 year old?

Where does Murray fit into the "Someone who''s played that role well for years or someone that has no knowledge of the PL? Are these the boundaries for all clubs or just us? You either get someone who''s played the role for years or someone who has no knowledge of the PL? That''s it, nothing more, nothing less, nothing in between?

If Jerome gets injured do you see Murray as good long term replacement? What''s Murray''s pace like?

Dearie me Mr Slim, you''ve assumed an awful lot there haven''t you?

I''m every bit as keen as you for my club to bowl every team aside and romp on to become Premier League champions.

Cast your mind back to the opprobrium that greeted the signings of Holt and of Jerome himself. Showered with praise weren''t they?

If anything illustrates how overheated and over reactive this forum has become those two are perfect examples.

As to your questions about the job Murray could do, neither you nor I have the ability to see the future.

RVW worked out well didn''t he?