When I first joined this wonderful forum I believe it was towards the end of the Asda phenomenon. Thus I don''t fully understand why Asda became such an integral part of discussion on this board. I''ve seen a couple of mentions about it on the transfers bit and would love to find out the history of the Asda topic type thing.

[quote]When I first joined this wonderful forum I believe it was towards the end of the Asda phenomenon. Thus I don''t fully understand why Asda became such an integral part of discussion on this board. I''ve ...[/quote]

As Im sure will be explained, the phenomena occured with an apparent sighting of Carl Cort in the mighty supermarket, meaning that he must of soon be signing for City. Of course this never came about (the signing, that is), and Asda became synominous with sightings of players that must be coming here, or a way of describing spurious rumours without foundation.

So if someone sees something or someone that could possibly or even not be related to City somehow he might has well have been in Asda buying his baked beans and therefore signing for the club.

As far as i understand it, it all started when someone said that they saw Carl Cort in ASDA and therefore he was going to sign for City. This started off the whole ''saw xxxxxxx in Asda'' rumours.

Hope that helps.

Chris

[quote]Thanks both for the replies, explains everything I need to know ... so has anyone spotted someone down Asda?[/quote]

This thread is biased against Morrisons (Better bacon sarnies anyway!) its nearer the ground, and all the best rumours are spotted there Rasputin.

Why, guess who I saw there, only this lunchtime?.

I saw Jans Kristiansen in Sainsburys this afternoon

Remember the Teddy Sherringham rumour a couple of years ago.

Rumour got around that a taxi driver had picked Teddy up from Norwich airport and took him to Carrow Road.

It turned out that a taxi driver had picked a bloke called Teddy up from the airport, but had taken him to Sherringham. I don''t think we ever found out what his surname was!