Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Hooper moving (allegedly)

No idea how good the source is , but Owls fans seem impressed:

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-eyeing-loan-move-for-premier-league-striker/

And:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/230811-hooper/

Perhaps we''ve someone coming in?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]This isn''t news.
For the last two seasons, whenever he''s been on the pitch I''ve been saying "Hooper''s moving, allegedly."
[/quote]I knew that was coming, Bor...

This one has more of a solid ring to it than just plain rumour, especially after it seems  just like 5 mins ago AN was talking about nothing to the rumours concerning GH and instead saying he and Ricky were in his eyes part of his squad etc etc...this is typical football...got to love it.

Still nothing concrete here, just a supposed ITK poster propagating rumours. By 8pm they were reporting that Celtic were now favourites to sign him. If AN is willing to let Hooper go and Celtic are interested, he''d be daft not to want to wait five days to find out if he has a chance of Champions League football. If he went on a season-long loan, would he still be eligible to play in Europe? I presume he would?

Well, nothing''s concrete until there''s an official announcement. It''s all conjecture, hypothesis & supposition, but you try to assess the reliability of the original source - often only done via someone''s opinion of someone''s opinion (Donald Rumsfeld anybody?) & come to your own conclusions. Yer pays yer money & takes yer choice.

Personally I find it all quite entertaining.

(Nice one BBB)

I''d rather see Hooper just buck himself up and start working harder! He''s technically the best player at the club, best finisher, great first touch, good vision and surprising amounts of strength given his height. He shares a lot of similarities in style to Rooney- appreciating this is on a much inferior level. Just not mentally on anywhere near the same page.

LDC started a thread a couple of days ago querying about whether Grabban can improve his finishing, surely it would be easier to drill in the AN pressing game to Hooper?

Hooper''s ability with Grabban''s work rate would make a top striker.

Is he just not bothered? I don''t get it.

I''m a fan of Hooper, but there is a marked difference between how he acts when we have the ball, and how he acts when we haven''t.When we have the ball he''s always showing himself, facing the man in possession, playing one-twos, peeling off, looking for space and looking for a killer pass. I think that''s what I like most about him - when we''re attacking he looks really lively, integral, almost in the same way that Wes does. However, when we don''t have the ball, he does tend to lope around ineffectively. I''ve said this on other threads, but he''s at his best when playing with a strike partner, ideally a more physical target man. We all agree (I think?) that he can''t play the lone striker role, and if he looked as lively when we weren''t in possession I think Neil would definitely find a way to accommodate him more often. I said a couple of months ago I felt he could be groomed to share Wes''s role if he''d track back a bit more, but Wes is playing so well at the moment it''s not really viable. I fear that Hooper is too set in his ways, and would prefer a move to a club where he''s an automatic starter than to knuckle down and try to force his way into our team. Will be interesting to see if he''s still here in a month, and if so, to what degree he''s used.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Hope this is nothing to do with a McCormack deal. 😁[/quote]
I''d be happy with McCormack here, I think he''s a decent Premiership level player and an improvement on what we have.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Hope this is nothing to do with a McCormack deal. 😁[/quote]Strangely enough, it might!Apparently Sheffield Wednesday have had a a £10m bid for McCormack rejected (if this is true, I''m not sure who are more daft- Wednesday for offering it, or Fulham for rejecting) so if an agreement can be reached there, Fulham may be looking at him to replace McCormack. But now, regardless of who comes in for him (Wednesday now, or Fulham if McCormack goes) we will know that the buying club has money, and in Fulham''s case, they would probably be desperate.

I thought this subject was a sarcastic dig at Hoopers effort on the pitch.

Fat, Lazy and Championship Level...

Not good enough, get him gone.

scored more in the premiership in 13/14 than cameron jerome did. Don''t get me wrong I think Cameron Jerome has done great and better than Grabban but I''m just saying......