Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Take a step back for a second.

Home: Crystal Palace - 0 Points Scored 1 Conceded 3Away: Sunderland - 3 PointsScored 3 Conceded 1Home: Stoke - 1 PointScored 1 Conceded 1Away: Southampton - 0 PointsScored 0 Conceded 3Who is happy with 4 points from 4 games?Who is happy with 5 goals in 4 games?Who is happy with 8 goals conceded in 5 games? (this one answers itself)

It could have been worse but it really should have been better by at least one or two points.

[quote user="ricardo"]It could have been worse but it really should have been better by at least one or two points.[/quote]

The booing could start next week then Rickyyyyyyy[;)]

I think 0 points from the Palace game is what''s making us a few points short of what folk like you would have predicted. But looking back we were robbed because of Jerome''s goal. And Palace have shown since how ridiculously hard it is to predict results through pre-concieved ideas of other teams abilities.

I''d put us on 5 points. I expected us to draw with palace and sunderland.. beat stoke and lose to saints.8 goals already conceded is a bit of a concern though. Especially seeing as we haven''t met the big boys yet.

ReadingCanary wrote the following post at 30/08/2015 6:24 PM:

I''d put us on 5 points. I expected us to draw with palace and sunderland.. beat stoke and lose to saints.

8 goals already conceded is a bit of a concern though. Especially seeing as we haven''t met the big boys yet.

We need more up front to be sure but the real priority for me atm is to bolster the defence.

I would agree with how many goals we conceded is concerning. Especially considering Watford and Bournemouth have already played some big boys and didn''t concede nearly as many as we have.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricardo"]It could have been worse but it really should have been better by at least one or two points.[/quote]

The booing could start next week then Rickyyyyyyy[;)]

I think 0 points from the Palace game is what''s making us a few points short of what folk like you would have predicted. But looking back we were robbed because of Jerome''s goal. And Palace have shown since how ridiculously hard it is to predict results through pre-concieved ideas of other teams abilities.

[/quote]I think we are a long way off any booing Nigel.A draw against Palace and a win against Stoke would have been fair results and either one would have given us a truer reflection on league position. All in all I am reasonably satisfied because I have never accepted that a mid table position is nailed on. It''s going to be a tough struggle right to the end but as always I remain hopefull that there will be three teams poorer than us.

I think it''s kind of what we expected.

We knew we were poor in defence and have indeed conceded quite alot of goals.

We also knew Jerome is good at doing the dirty work really well but has never been a consistent goalscorer.

We also knew that our midfield is our strongest part of our play and has generally done well (dorrans has done better than I thought he would as well).

Therefore nothing is really surprising to the majority of ncfc fans - we still need a striker and another defender. There''s still time to have a mid-table finish, we just need to get the check book out.

Yep. Strongest midfield for many a year. And we have always known we needed two scoring strikers ( we have none at the moment until Jerome starts firing) and we needed defensive reinforcement. Amazingly we are two days off deadline day and these positions are not filled. 4 out of 4 should easily have been 6. I guess we are are much in the same place as Bournemouth and Watford. I''m pleased we are not like the latter as I feel they will struggle badly.