Sign in to follow this  
Lewis DW

Elliott Bennett

Does anyone else think EB deserves more of a chance?

Last night in the U21 game he was instrumental with two assists and plenty of other chances created.

I''ve always been an EB fan, is he hard-done-by? Does he deserve more chances? I like him and think he should in the match-day squad a lot more often

Thought he was MOM last night, looked by far the best player on the field, i like Benno, but in truth a squad player at best, has lost quite a bit of pace. Probably does deserve more chances.....

At the moment you wouldn''t drop anyone (hence a squad player) but could do a job as cover for Whitts as already shown, afraid his best days are behind him for us, shame though.

I am a fan of his too, and in that opening game a few seasons ago I thought, right up until he got injured, he looked fantastic, he looked like he had worked extremely hard pre season and that he would cement his place in the team.

The timing of his injury couldn''t have been worse, and I feel now that either he isn''t quite the player he was, or the standard of the squad has left him behind a bit.

Morty wrote;

The timing of his injury couldn''t have been worse, and I feel now that either he isn''t quite the player he was, or the standard of the squad has left him behind a bit.

Probably the latter.

im sure hes a nice bloke but he should have been transfer ages ago, all hes doing is taking up a place in the 25 man squad, we''d need 4 or 5 big injuries at the same time before he gets close to a starting place

Very good show last night and best player on the pitch by a country mile but, and its a very big but, he wouldn''t be in my first team squad either. He isn''t better than what we''ve got but he is a fantastic squad player. He was helping the youngsters with advice etc a lot last night. Shame to see him not playing though as he''d pretty much go straight into most championship clubs first teams

I always think Bennett gets overrated by our fans due to seemingly being a very nice guy and working hard. I can''t remember a single ''outstanding'' performance by him and was always a bit underwhelmed as I thought he was going to really be something for us.

Bennett is a class player who featured heavily in the team which secured back-to-back mid-table finishes. In my mind it is no coincidence that the season he got injured was the season the club was relegated.

Having missed a whole season, it was always going to take some time for him to work his way back to full fitness and back into the team. However, in that time, Nathan Redmond has massively improved into the most dangerous and exciting player at the club. I guess in the current market It would cost upwards of £20m to buy a better right winger.

The only way I could see Redmond and Bennett in the same team is if Redmond played in the hole instead of Hoolahan or if Bennett played at right back. Both are possible but seemingly unlikely so Bennett will remain in the development squad as cover in case of injury. He is still the second choice right winger at the club.

Two good assists last night, gave the ball away a fair bit, he needs more games before he can be considered. I don''t think he will cut it personally.

You''re not the first to call me deluded: my talking fluorescent llama is always telling me I''m bonkers; but at least I can use punctuation!

I''m not suggesting that Bennett''s injury was the sole reason for our relegation. We did miss Grant Holt, Pilkington was injured a lot, the new signings were average at best (not to mention the tactics). However, he was a key player for us who made 59 premier league appearances before his injury.

What exactly do you disagree with?

I''d disagree that he was a key player. He''s actually only started 35 league games in his time here, scoring a grand total of three goals.. He was at best a squad player and in our 11th placed season he only made 9 starts, clearly behind Snodgrass in the pecking order. To claim his injury was a big part of our relegation doesn''t really stand up to scrutiny as he didn''t exactly feature heavily the season before.

don''t really care about punctuation its on the fly mobile posting

and I disagree that Elliott has ever been important

never more than a fringe player who gets the lee croft love

personally I cant see a stronger candidate for a loan, capable committed player unfortunate enough to have multiple better players ahead of him in all the positions he can appear in and so will only ever be a bit player.

Simply not quite good enough for the prem.

Does not have the defensive acumen to play RB at this level - don''t see where or how he fits into the team at present. Time perhaps for him to move on with our best wishes for his future.