Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Whittaker

Gives Andre Wisdom his chance though.  Could be a good thing in the long run.

Can''t defend for toffee yes he scores the odd goal and the lovers come out then but how many times do we concede goals down the left, poor poor right back and his time should be up.

Him and Martin need replacing.

Wisdom-Koulibaly-Bassong-Olsson

What I hope is this will enable the new CB that we hopefully sign and put Martin back at RB. Could well be a miracle in disguise in order to break up this mediocre partnership of Whitts and Martin. Think positive.

How many thanks times do we concede from the left?

Whits was silly for the first yellow. The second incident was soft.

The thing is when your on a booking you have to be smarter and not give the referee a reason to send you off. If a Southampton player had done the same we''d have been baying for the yellow card.

He is awful at defending and average when he comes forward. He is shocking. He has no pace which isn''t his fault but he can''t be a long term right back in the premier league. Any winger with a bit of pace and he is all over the place. Elliot Bennett looked decent in the few games he played there but seems not in the managers plans. I fear for us if we don''t address this problem. Stands out a mile every game.

It''s not that we''re moaners. It''s just Whitt isn''t premiership standard. Period. Full stop. Black and white.

And to get sent off so quickly, show''s his brain isn''t up to this level, let alone his footballing skills!

if Howson hadn''t given the ball away so cheaply Whitts would never have been in that position..point the finger further up the pitch

Think is if you''re not that quick then you have to be smart when you come up against real pace- Whittaker doesn''t seem to adjust his game to deal with this and thus gets torn apart by tricky wingers. If you look at Tadic today he wasn''t doing anything special, just dropping a shoulder and running past him.

I try my best not to moan on here, and I hate these bandwagons where people choose a scapegoat and hammer them at every opportunity, but I have to agree with the sentiment that Whittaker isn''t good enough.

I felt all summer that out of the eleven players who started the Playoff final victory Whittaker was the one who was most in need of replacing. I''ll admit that I''ve had second thoughts after his start to the season, but today has shown that he isn''t quite up to scratch at this level. The two yellow cards were daft and showed a lack of speed of thought, and the second maybe exposed his lack of pace too- a quicker player wouldn''t have needed to drag the attacker back as they could''ve got back to stop him legally.

No doubt he''ll be back for Liverpool as Wisdom is ineligible, and hopefully he plays a blinder, but moving forward I''d like to see Wisdom playing in the right back position on a regular basis.

Been saying it for a year now. Look at the last half of last season. Almost every goal we conceded was due to him not being adequate. Just not good enough.

He''s a good player who has been playing really well for months but made a mistake today.

That''s all there is to it really.

Whittaker is better than wisdom, you will find that out in the next few weeks. I''m fed up with the witchunt over Whittaker. Wisdom was at fault for the second and third goals

[quote user="GJP"]He''s a good player who has been playing really well for months but made a mistake today.

That''s all there is to it really.[/quote]He may have been playing well for months, but most of those months were in the Championship.I just think he is too limited to be our regular starting right-back in the Premier League, unfortunately. I''d obviously love him to prove me wrong and have a great season, but I just don''t think he has the ability to perform regularly as a key Premier League player.

Agree with gitto, would rather have Whitts at RB than Wisdom, but it looks as if he will get his chance to see what he can do on the pitch with 11v11. Good to hear AN admit that we weren''t good enough today and therefore I expect us to come out all guns blazing against Bournemouth.

I don''t want to single out Whittaker when half the team are just as bad. It''s simple, we are going to get relegated.

I have felt that Whittaker is a decent player and has been over criticised. However, today his performance was appalling and he was all to blame for the defeat. I think that Whittaker could now lose his first team spot to Wisdom

Wisdom leaves way too much space for my liking and backs off a lot. Hopefully AN can sort this trait out sharpish. Either way, we haven''t had a really decent RB since Naughton. Whittaker can be good going forward, but over-committed and clumsy at the back.

Looking forward to Olsson coming back on the left and using Brady further forward. Really hope Mulumbu comes back strong too

Cant agree more Captain  Martin was woeful today played Pelle onside for 1st goal and was marking fresh air for for 2nd and 3rd goals left Wisdom exposed time for change please

Unfortunately just shows the idiot nature of some of our fans and the need to scapegoat certain players. Literally his first bad game under Alex Neil and suddenly he''s not good enough and is the weak link in our defence. People see what they want to see but during the play offs Whittaker was probably our second best player behind Redmond. Olsson was easily the weakest link in our defence last season and cost us points literally on the first game. And from what I saw from Wisdom''s defending today, he isn''t even half the player Whittaker is.

From what we saw of Wisdom today I think we should be grateful Whittaker is only going to miss one game, he looked poor. We are threadbare in that position for sure but we didnt see anything at all in Wisdoms performance to suggest he can be anything other than average back up to Whittaker. Maybe it was just a poor game to judge him on given the fact everyone bar Tettey was pretty poor, but was hoping Wisdom would want to grab this chance to oust Whittaker with both hands and give us something positive to take out of the game. He didnt do that at all