Sign in to follow this  
Mooney

Michu

One season wonder I fear

Looked great a couple of years ago though.

It would be great to find the ''next'' Michu, but I fear the guy himself is a bit knackered - Welsh journos reckon he''s not going to be risked by a PL side as some longstanding injuries are too likely to crop up again and again.

I am struggling to see where you are coming from Mooney as you have started a thread stating that we need to but 3 £10 Million players to survive in The Premiership. Why buy a knackered injury prone one season wonder who would be a major risk ?

He''s a major risk but he''s a proven 10+ million pound player with 18 goals in one season. He''s certainly worth the punt.

[quote user="Mooney"]He''s a major risk but he''s a proven 10+ million pound player with 18 goals in one season. He''s certainly worth the punt.[/quote]

Exactly how you substantiate his value at £10m?

In a previous thread you state Gestede as a £10m player, and yet he''s just signed for £6m ( a steal)

Michu is most certainly valued at £10m evenif he did sccore goals two seasons ago!

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="Mooney"]He''s a major risk but he''s a proven 10+ million pound player with 18 goals in one season. He''s certainly worth the punt.[/quote]

Exactly how you substantiate his value at £10m?

In a previous thread you state Gestede as a £10m player, and yet he''s just signed for £6m ( a steal)

Michu is most certainly valued at £10m evenif he did sccore goals two seasons ago![/quote]

D''oh meant to say "Michu is most certainly NOT valued at £10m evenif he did sccore goals two seasons ago!"

My point is being misunderstood. My point is that we will see by the end of the season whether players are the calibre of that 10 million + bracket.

Regarding Gestede he was bought for £6million but I''m saying he has the potential to finish the season a 10 million player... if he scores 15 goals (which is quite possible). I''d have loved to have seen Norwich buy him based on this. Michu was valued at 20 million + in the summer after his 18 goals, he''d now probably worth £5 million and would be a steal based on the same rationale as my other points, in that we will see at the end of the season what a player is worth. He certainly has the calibre to score 15 in a Norwich shirt.

The point overall is that nobody knows until the end of the season. A lot of us probably backed RVW when he signed but he didn''t cut it as he wasn''t proven in a top league and had no strength (bad signing in hindsight by a terrible manager). Players who score 15 goals in the Premier League are by default worth that 10 million+ amount.... AN either needs to speculate that they will be worth it by the end of the season or pay the full whack.

What we certainly cant do is buy players who arent that much bette than our current crop like McCormack, Mbokani Danny Graham or Gayle who I''d put a lot of money against them scoring 15 goals.

Michu, Destro and Kevin Augustin (Loan) seem the best options still out there to me.

If he''s that good, why aren''t Swansea playing him?

He''s clearly fallen out with the manager. He''s a top top player and worth a gamble for the £3m fee and £2m wages it would cost.

Ah right "fallen out with the manager"?Rather than "playing $hit, so not getting a game"?

Who cares less. He''s scored 18 goals in the prem!!! He''s proven very high quality!

Thats more goals in a premiership season than Rooney, Aguero, Bony, Dzeko, Lukaku, Sterling, Remy and Van Persie scored in the 13/14 season and more goals than Berahino, Sánchez, Austin and Benteke last season.

Oh no sorry..... we should be signing Danny Graham, Mbokani and Ross McCormak..... Bore off!

Good idea, get the yella fella in asap, he is already worth more, after being mentioned on this forum. Get him now before Man City get em all!!

[quote user="Mooney"]Who cares less. He''s scored 18 goals in the prem!!! He''s proven very high quality!

Thats more goals in a premiership season than Rooney, Aguero, Bony, Dzeko, Lukaku, Sterling, Remy and Van Persie scored in the 13/14 season and more goals than Berahino, Sánchez, Austin and Benteke last season.

Oh no sorry..... we should be signing Danny Graham, Mbokani and Ross McCormak..... Bore off![/quote]

In the 13/14 season he actually scored 20 Goals in 52 Matches overall. Last season he played just three times for Napoli without scoring. Let''s get him, he must be well rested after a years holiday in Italia.

I think RvW would have more purpose if he was a Pokemon.

Sadly he''d be the attacking equivalent of a Magikarp.

(I''m aware that a large percentile of you probably won''t get this joke)

Somebody claims on Sky sports website he''s already been in talks with Norwich??????