Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Grabban to blame?

The Grabban fiasco surely has its part to play in today''s defeat, by throwing his toys out of the pram he created a ripple effect insomuch the mamagement now had to deal with all that it brought. Having meetings to decide on their course of action, then no doubt taking legal advice, then having to have a meeting with the player to outline their stance, then of course a series of further meetings to discuss how this impacts on the transfer policy and upcoming slamming shut of the window, etc. etc. All time AN could have used to prepare the tem for Sunday''s fixture.

On top of all that there would have been the impact on his team mates, why, what was he doing, what respect did that show us, do we want him back, etc. etc.

Whilst I agree it could be argued they are all highly paid professionals and should suck it up and get on with it, they are also all human beings who will have had a myriad of feelings and emotions surrounding the event.

Grabban''s behaviour will have had massive knock on effects all round, we as a supporters certainly showed the affect it had on us by posting on this board, so why should the players and management be any different?

Was his behavious the single direct cause, unlikely but it may well have undermined the team spirit that produced the excellent performances we have given thus far.

It will have had an effect Ray. But ultimately the transfer window is the problem. Once we get over this one January will appear on the horizon. Maybe it''sbecause Im older but we could really do without it. Last season it wasn''t until after January that we knew who''d be there throughout the promotion push.

I know its the same for all clubs...

Window should close before season begins. All business should be done and Clubs managers and fans can get on with the footy.

The way Sky is promoting deadline day, it''s a nonsence.

We'' ll be sending happy transfer window greetings cards next.

Thankfully there is a break now while the ridiculous window can close and teams can get on with settling into the season.  Grabban will have caused a ripple, but whatever the feelings of the players about the situation, they have to get on with it. 

Today was a realism check. The first three games we were as good or better than the opposition. Today we weren''t, Whittaker was silly and the rest was predictable.   We are going to get beaten like this sometimes this season - its about how the team react to defeats that will mark out how well they are going to do this season.

Nah, we just had a shitter of a performance today.

Whilst it wouldn''t have been a positive thing I''d say Saints have their fair share of uncertainty regarding outgoing players too.

Grabban represents the ''One bad apple'' syndrome. He needs to be removed from our barrel - and yes, he is responsible for causing disruption. Because of his actions management focus needed to be shifted didn''t it?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Window should close before season begins. All business should be done and Clubs managers and fans can get on with the footy.

The way Sky is promoting deadline day, it''s a nonsence.

We'' ll be sending happy transfer window greetings cards next.[/quote]It has nothing to do with Sky. The reason why the window is still open is that many important European leagues have only just started back. All you need to do to understand this is think about the implications, including those for Norwich City here and now, of the English window shutting weeks before those elsewhere in Europe.

Also the way the game panned out we could have done with Grabban playing. You can see AN doesn''t trust RVW and Hooper otherwise he would have given them enough time to change the result.

Also playing with to many CM''s doesn''t help, Howson didn''t look comfortable on the left.

It has nothing to do with Sky. The reason why the window is still open is that many important European leagues have only just started back. All you need to do to understand this is think about the implications, including those for Norwich City here and now, of the English window shutting weeks before those elsewhere in Europe.

I''m not suggesting it has anything to do with sky, just remarking on the ridiculous circus it has become.

I am aware of the European dimension, there may be no solution but I think it''s worth looking at to find a less disruptive system.

Pullis said this earlier in the week! I''m sure other PL managers must feel the same.

Stan Collymore has suggested recently that the summer transfer should last for July only so that on August 1st everybody knows exactly where they stand with their squads - seems like a good idea to me.

The shameful thing is I thought Sundays game was crying out for a player like Grabban to shine.