Sign in to follow this  
Lewis DW

Not so Kean...

I really hope John and Declan remain injury free because judging by lasts nights performance Jake Kean was woeful. Poor on crosses and a clumsy error cost the U21''s goals.

I know it''s only one game and there''s no need to wet the bed but he looked very dodgy, and his transfer fee is beginning to look too high...

I realise he was a freebie - that''s my point!

I didn''t see the game last night, but even if a goalkeeper has a poor start, it isn''t the end of them, unless of course you concede seven at home to Colchester.Ruddy looked a bit ropey in his early days, and using a non-Norwich example, De Gea looked out of his depth at Man United for his whole first season.

This guy isn''t a kid, nor from a foreign league. A 24 year old should be doing better.

That said who gives a hoot about a third GK?!

Played very well in the previous under 21 game at Colney. Looks to be a good shot stopper but weaker on crosses, common theme on most keepers I seem to see. Prob ok for 3rd keeper

Really don''t understand why we bought him! He''s had a very average career at an average-to-poor Championship side; he''s no better than our youngsters really and he takes up a vital space in our 25-man squad which is essentially wasted given that he''s unlikely ever to play. Would make far more sense to risk Remi or one of our other young keepers in the extremely unlikely event we ever need to go to our third choice ''keeper, and give the squad space to another player!

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Would make far more sense to risk Remi or one of our other young keepers in the extremely unlikely event we ever need to go to our third choice ''keeper, and give the squad space to another player![/quote]And the last time we did this, we ended up playing Andy Marshall to replace the injured Gunny and ended up going down...

He was a bit poor last night. Not very commanding and very suspect for crosses and caught out from a set piece for their first and possibly should have done better with their second. He is a third choice keeper though and I''m sure he''ll improve as he is new here

He''s had very little game time and is still in the early days of trying to gel with his team. Yes, an ''experienced'' keeper should be able to deal with a cross.... but does this need a thread of its own? We have 2 very decent keepers ahead of him and Remi is looking like a good shout for the future. DON''T PANIC! DON''T PANIC!

He''s probably just happy to be 3rd choice and be on fairly small wages (compared to others) and pick his money up every week whilst giving us security just incase something happens to the other 2. To me, he just looked like a slightly bigger version of Mark Bunn.

Just watched the whole game on Chelsea TV.On the evidence of that I thought he looked good.The one cross we are talking about was taken cleanly. On landing his own defender knocked it out of his hands,Made two outstanding saves late on.