Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Mbokani is on his way

M''bokani just liked two photos on Instagram .First is a picture of him next to the Norwich badge. Second is a picture of him in Brussels airport today, on his way to England. Medical and then confirmed you would think.

Yes this one looks over the line.

The interesting question is will we bring in another one or two? Will the £10m on the table for Afobe be increased, moved to another impressive target or shelved for January?

I''m sure Mbokani will be accompanied by one from Gayle/Murray/Walters.

Need a star striker, Jerome looks woeful at this level and always has done , if he was he would have been snapped up last summer when he was available for £2 million . Mbokani on his own just is not going to be enough and i doubt the Palace rejects will add anything either but cannot see us getting anybody decent this late in the window .As for the defence well it all needs ditching and start from scratch .Today was pathetic even before the sending off and when asked if Norwich were stronger now than last time they were here the co commentator was lost for words .

From SSN:MBOKANI IN NORWICH

Dynamo Kiev striker Diedonne Mbokani has flown into the UK

on a private jet for a medical at Norwich.

The 29-year-old Congolese international would cost between

£5m-£6m.

Mbokani, who has played for Anderlecht, Standard Liege,

Monaco and Wolfsburg, has found himself out-of-favour at Kiev.

[quote user="OldRobert"]From SSN:MBOKANI IN NORWICH

Dynamo Kiev striker Diedonne Mbokani has flown into the UK

on a private jet for a medical at Norwich.

The 29-year-old Congolese international would cost between

£5m-£6m.

Mbokani, who has played for Anderlecht, Standard Liege,

Monaco and Wolfsburg, has found himself out-of-favour at Kiev

[/quote]
Interesting that they think we''re looking to buy when all reports over last few days were season long loan.

Mbokani is contracted to Kiev to June 2017, I believe.

A loan makes sense in many ways. Yes, there will be a loan fee, probably wuite significant in releation to his sales sum if we bought him right away, but there could be options to buy in this loan arrangement.

If there is not an option to buy, his price will be much lower next year, and we have the benefit of having tested him for a season in the Prem.

If he does well, and we stay up, he is likely to sign on permanent next season, I think. Unless he does very, very well, and some other team comes and hijack him.