Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Well done Adams

For buying Grabban instead of Willson. What a disaster. Bournmouth now odds on favourites to sign Austin (will believe it when I see it) aswell as De Guzman.

They are buying well. Please get rid if Grabban. If Bournmouth get Austin and we get left with Grabs, well oh dear!

Fingers crossed on Mbkoni & others!

Adams???? He''s not manager anymore forget him he''s gone

I blame John Bond personally for selling Ted Mac Dougall

It''s not as if we didn''t try to buy Wilson last season, we even had our bid accepted, but he picked Bournemouth because he was guaranteed to be their leading striker.

I really wish people would stop banging on and bleating about rubbish!

Buying well:

Boruc, Distin, Federici - all free transfers. We have Ruddy, Rudd and Bassong.

Joshua King, £1million - LM.

Mings, £8million - LB.

Gradel, £7million - Wing/Str.

Tomlin, £3million AM/Wing.

Joshua King --- Brady

Mings --- Olsson

Gradel --- Redmond

Tomlin --- Howson/Hoolahan.

Out of all of the signings the only one that really stands out is Gradel. He would offer another option wide or up front.

In terms of all of the others, I feel we have as good or better in every one of those signings comparatively. In some cases, we have more than one player better. I''m starting to believe that VOO could be better than Tomlin for example.

Grabban contributed double figures in goals in our promotion campaign ,so besides Jerome would have to be considered one of Adams'' better transfers.

what I cant believe though is what the hell we are doing turning down bids of £5m+ for a player who isnt of the quality we need in this division??

Don''t know how anyone can blame Adams for the signing of Grabban. He looked like exactly the sort of player we needed after our strikers poor season before. One of the top goalscorers in the league for £3m. He tried to get Wilson as well.

You can blame Adams for for many things, but his transfers were not one of them. (thats not saying he didn''t make any poor transfers because he did, but generally he did well signing the likes of Jerome whilst keeping the squad- like most rational people wanted...instead of gutting the squad like some idiots on here suggested).

As said elsewhere - Grabban''s record is comparable to Gestede''s and similar ages so no reason to expect anything less than the £7-8million Villa signed him for.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]This forum seems to be abit of a berkathon at the momment. Never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go to have a pop at the club.[/quote]

Hey yellow. Define "forum" then?? Seem to remember it''s for everyone to post opinions. Opinions are what people are entitled to

I know Adams went for Willson, but we bought Grabb first, and Willson didn''t want to then come here. Yes its hindsight, but Bournmouth have got a quality striker who I believe will excel in the PL. Can you see Grabb doing that, even with his success last year. Hoops got far far less time on the pitch and still was right behind Grabbs in the goalscoring. We ended up with someone throwing punches in our most important game last season, then his toys out the pram last year.

So IMO, I blame Adams. Shame we went for Grab before Willson

Kevin Keelan was great for us-Bet most of you guys were just flashes in your mothers eyes!

Only posted this cuz there''s nowt all else to talk about. OR

lets talk about the players NCFC have signed in the last week???????

[quote user="gitto"]Neil Adams bought Cameron Jerome who scored the goals who got city promoted.[/quote]

He also bought Cueller and Ignasi and resigned when he realised he wasn''t a manager!!

.I remember him. All tanned and resplendent in Green. Duncan Forbes, Dave Stringer, Ted Macdougall, Phil Boyer, Tony Powell. Those were the days when footballers were men.

Other than Mike Walker & Jerry Goss'' wonder strike against Bayern, those were our glory days!!!!!!!

Throwing punches ????????

you must be one of the only people in the world who thought it was a red card

nothing in it what so ever

Is only Grabban and Jermone play most of last season, the rest he sign are hopeless few did play and the rest didn''t play.He sold most of the wingers.He had no idea how to be a 1st team manager, he only done manager of U21 Norwich team.I''m glad he resign in January because he had no Idea what he doing and if he stay longer Norwich would still be in the Championship, our best players leave and he could take us down to League 1.