Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

The new season

With the new season just two weeks away, I am really optimistic now with the way our squad is shaping up. I think we are maybe one player short of having a squad capable of sweeping all before it. Yes I know I people will say I am underestimating the Championship, it''s a tough league etc - but really on the face of it - who is genuinely better than us?! We have Ashton and McKenzie potentially the best partnership up front - and Huckerby - potentially the best player outside the Premiership in our side, with the highly capable Thorne in back up! Add to that Greeno - England''s number 3 in goal, with good back up in Ward, Gallacher and Lewis. Our defence consists of Drury - who people have called the best left back outside the Prem (which is fair), Flem - a hugely experienced and successful centre back at this level, Shackell - a hugely promising defender, Charlton who has looked quality, and a new light weight mobile Doc - we have a mean defence, and that''s before we mention out new pacey right backs - MLJ and Colin!

Our midfield is also looking very strong. Francis has stayed. This guy was superb pre-Christmas last season. He will be again this season - I''m certain of it - lets get behind him. Safri showed quality at the tail of last season. And Jarrat has looked class in pre-season. Andy Hughes has the respect of Worthy, and looks a solid Championship player - hard to come by. On top of that we still have McVeigh who was a hero at this level for us, and Henderson and Jarvis all out to prove to everyone they are the new deal. Hell, I think we''ve got every reason to be optimistic for next season.

Top 6 minimum - that''s my firm belief. Top 2 is on injury permitting. Let''s get behind the boys and sing our hearts out! Two weeks tomorrow - Coventry are coming to Carrow Road for a hiding! Lets make sure it happens!

totally agree with that. I think the quality is there, its our mental attitude and our success away from home that must be sorted and i think we can go up as champions

[quote]With the new season just two weeks away, I am really optimistic now with the way our squad is shaping up. I think we are maybe one player short of having a squad capable of sweeping all before it. Yes...[/quote]

Great post mate - couldnt agree more!!!!

On paper we look fairly strong, but much will depend on tactics and team selection, which have been discussed ad nauseam, and on confidence.

At times last year we looked shell-shocked, the back four played too deep and the midfield looked absent at times. If we can play as we did when Hucks arrived,and get a good start and build confidence, then I can see us high in the division. We need to play the whole of the game how we often played in the second half. Above all we have to banish fear and too much respect for other teams.