Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Wisdom

Didn''t look the part when he came on. Was at fault with second and third goals. Can''t remember which but he was nowhere to be seen for one of them.

West Brom fans were too pleased to see the back of him for my liking. Not a great signing based on what we''ve seen today.

Seemed to be static & ball-watching for the 2nd & 3rd goals on MOTD just now. Rest of the defence didn''t look exactly fabulous mind.

But really; every time I watch MOTD I realise that every goal is preventable, all players miss sitters. It takes a season to sort out the good from the also-rans.

I also think that,with the margins being so small, the whole referee situation needs a radical overhaul. Too often they''re the most important person on the pitch.

Looks like he was signed to be backup more than a first choice.

Bit worrying that we haven''t looked to add at least one quality defender.

But there''s time for them to do something - and if they haven''t realised from these first few games that the defence needs improving then we''re already in over our heads.

conceeding 2 goals a game when not facing any top sides yet is a concern - predictable but still a worry.

as far as the wisdom two goals bit is concerned he will feel he could have done better but for both wisdom was left overloaded with jay rodrigues behind him and indecision left him trying to cover both but leaving the scorer free. He moves to pelle and a deep cross gives an equally easy chance. He chose wrong and we paid the price - but he shouldnt have been left in that position.

Both the second and third goal were poor team goals to concede. The defence had been sucked left as soton targeted brady. Howson didnt give enough protection, encouraging Bassong across, and martin lamely sauntered around the box, falling deeper and left watching no one, marking no one and seemingly oblivious to pelle and tadic causing wisdom problems with rodriques behind. I am hope he admired both goals from he excellent position, most spectators have to pay for such a close up view of a goal.

From what I saw of Wisdom (I watched the whole match btw) I thought he looked calm under pressure - which is a good thing - but that his positioning wasn''t always what it could have been. That could be down to the getting to know the players - but it was a mixed performance.

AN has not done well enough in transfers imo.............Lambert did however.Get him back pronto.

Apart from big john NONE of the other panthers turned up imho.

Just a very poor performance.

Fingers crossed we will bring in a defender CB and we can move on to the next game. OTBC

Cannot believe people are so down after a few games lol

Looooooong season as yet

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Apart from big john NONE of the other panthers turned up imho.

Just a very poor performance.

Fingers crossed we will bring in a defender CB and we can move on to the next game. OTBC

Cannot believe people are so down after a few games lol

Looooooong season as yet[/quote]

PLAYERS not PANTHERS bloomin Iphone lol

Haha 😂. They definitely weren''t panthers yesterday. Knackered old moggies some of them.

[quote user="Wiz"]AN has not done well enough in transfers imo.............Lambert did however.Get him back pronto.[/quote]Wiz you are like a well scratched record.It ain''t going to happen especially with McNally and Bowkett at the helm.They have no time for him if you listen to their carefully chosen words at the AGM after he left.

[quote user="Wiz"]AN has not done well enough in transfers imo.............Lambert did however.Get him back pronto.[/quote]

Hardly posted in the 7yrs I''ve been signed up, but you sir need to get in the sea.

Hi all

Based on the few minutes I saw him, he looked like a centre back playing at right back. Too early to judge though

Some of the comments on this thread mirror those made about Harry Kane after about the same amount of time on the pitch. Lets hope another Harry Kane is not forced out of our club by a group of fans.

"Lets hope another Harry Kane is not forced out of our club by a group of fans."

Yeh because thats what actually happened.