Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

Mbokani flown in on a private jet

They say he''s available for £5-6m. And the rumour Saturday was its a season long loan. Well whatever happens this one looks like it''s going to happen.

Also the getafe striker we were linked to Vazquez missed there game at the weekend. Is available for €5m (£3.5m)

Sorry my bad read that wrong, said he missed training Friday. But if he played yesterday than that looks unlikely.

[quote user="Wiz"]Anyone who thinks this guy will solve our problems is nuts![/quote]Why ? He is a striker who scores goals wherever he has been.

In rob butler''s interview with the African sport correspondent for the BBC, he was calling him (M)bokani, almost leaving a pause, but not pronouncig the m.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Why ? He is a striker who scores goals wherever he has been.[/quote]You mean his excellent 1 in 10 ratio at Monaco or his 0 in 7 ratio for Wolfsburg???Funny how RvW''s goalscoring record under Hughton and during his time at St.Etienne has been firmly criticised by many on here, yet Mbokani has even worse stats when playing in the same league (or same quality of league) and somehow he''s absolutely fine...Talk about BS dual standards!!!

Looks like the cheap option we wouldn''t increase our offer for Walters above 1.5 million square we go for someone we have never heard of who can''t buy a game in Russia

Even teams in the championship are bidding 10 million for players we aren''t it doesn''t take Albert Enstein to work out something is a miss!!!!!

Moaning about his goalscoring record. His 1 in every 10 at Monaco and his 0 in 7. Wow. He only got 1 in 10 while he was out on loan as a back up. Who cares. At those two clubs he was there as cover. I''d rather look at his goalscoring record as a main striker. Which isn''t bad at all. 39 in 87 at standard liege, 34 in 53 at anderlecht and 16 in 33 at kiev. I''d rather have him in the team than grabban , hooper and rvw

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Why ? He is a striker who scores goals wherever he has been.[/quote]You mean his excellent 1 in 10 ratio at Monaco or his 0 in 7 ratio for Wolfsburg???Funny how RvW''s goalscoring record under Hughton and during his time at St.Etienne has been firmly criticised by many on here, yet Mbokani has even worse stats when playing in the same league (or same quality of league) and somehow he''s absolutely fine...Talk about BS dual standards!!![/quote]Talk more about selective statistics. Mbokani played only 17 games for Monaco and Wolfsburg. Before and after the short spells at those clubs he played he played 173 games for two top Belgian sides, Standard Liege and Anderlecht, and then Dynamo Kiev, and scored 89 goals, which is an excellent rate over a long period of time in good-quality leagues. Plus 15 goals in 30 games for the DR Congo. Added to which, from all accounts, he looks far more likely than van Wolfswinkel to cope with the physical side of the English game.

Anyone know how long he has left on his contract?

I was wondering if signing him on loan got around any clauses for Kiev?

As for his record, would people have signed him on the back of:

39 goals in 87 goals for Standard Liege?

34 goals in 53 appearances for Anderlecht?

16 goals in 33 appearances for Kiev?

No striker is a sure bet. Afobe would be a risk, and a much greater one at £14million. Mbokani on a loan or at around £5million would be a much lesser risk financially and in terms of his record.

Afobe in comparison has scored 15 goals in 26 appearances for Wolves in the championship, 10 in 22 for MKDons in league 1.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Why ? He is a striker who scores goals wherever he has been.[/quote]You mean his excellent 1 in 10 ratio at Monaco or his 0 in 7 ratio for Wolfsburg???Funny how RvW''s goalscoring record under Hughton and during his time at St.Etienne has been firmly criticised by many on here, yet Mbokani has even worse stats when playing in the same league (or same quality of league) and somehow he''s absolutely fine...Talk about BS dual standards!!![/quote]
Indy, you know I share your opinion on the anti-RvW brigade, but this comment is silly.
0 in 7 for Wolfsburg? He played 306 minutes total. 5 of his 7 games were 20 minute sub apps, So he actually played the equivalent of 3.5 games with 1.5 of those games spread across 20minute sub apps. 
If you want to judge him on his Monaco record from 4 years ago then that''s your prerogative.
I prefer to judge him on the basis of his entire career, where even if you include the barren spell in Monaco (show me a striker who has never had a period of 1 goal in 9 games or worse though btw, Van Persie, Bergkamp, Henri all had at least one spell like that in their careers). 
In the 199 club APPEARANCES (including sub apps) of his career to date, he has bagged 94 goals. If you don''t include Wolfsburg and Monaco, that''s 93 goals in 182 games, better than 1 in 2. He has a 1 in 2 record at International level too for DRC.
In addition to that, his style of play is well suited to the Alex Neil style of play and probably better suited to the way we play than any striker we have on our books at the moment, and most we have been linked with.

[quote user="chicken"]Anyone know how long he has left on his contract? [/quote]
June 2017, so if this is a loan, he''d only have a year left on his contract at the end of it.

[quote user="Wiz"]Anyone who thinks this guy will solve our problems is nuts![/quote]

WHAT problems??

We''ve played decent football for the first three games. Don''t judge our season by one bad performance. Admitted it wasn''t brilliant t on Sunday even before we went down to 10, but can we really write off our season so far based on 60 minutes 10v11?

We even have fans sticking timescales on AN!? The guy that just lost his first away game for us.

People just love to moan honestly.

[quote user="Canary1902"] Don''t judge our season by one bad performance. Admitted it wasn''t brilliant t on Sunday even before we went down to 10, but can we really write off our season so far based on 60 minutes 10v11? [/quote]No, but at least it has injected a dose of reality into those who thought this season would be a doddle and a mid table position virtually nailed on.

One thing worth noting with regards to his record is that Anderlecht, Standard Liege and Dynamo Kiev are all big clubs in their respective leagues who will naturally have more play than their opponent, be on the front foot more often than not, and have a lot of chances.

Hopefully he can adapt to a side who will be nearer the bottom end of the table, which means he won''t get as many chances and may be isolated more often if he''s up top on his own.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canary1902"] Don''t judge our season by one bad performance. Admitted it wasn''t brilliant t on Sunday even before we went down to 10, but can we really write off our season so far based on 60 minutes 10v11? [/quote]No, but at least it has injected a dose of reality into those who thought this season would be a doddle and a mid table position virtually nailed on.[/quote]That I agree with.

[quote user="kick it off"]Indy, you know I share your opinion on the anti-RvW brigade, but this comment is silly.
0 in 7 for Wolfsburg? He played 306 minutes total. 5 of his 7 games were 20 minute sub apps, So he actually played the equivalent of 3.5 games with 1.5 of those games spread across 20minute sub apps.[/quote]People were happy to write RvW off as not good enough based on purely his goal ratio, and even when I pointed out that he''d had ZERO supply under Hughton in a totally negative system, all that kept being dredged up was his single goal return and poor ratio in France, well if it''s good enough to do that for RvW, then I can damn well do it for Mbokani.It absolutely is selective stats by the way Purple, but if it''s good enough for everyone else....

[quote user="chicken"]Anyone know how long he has left on his contract?

I was wondering if signing him on loan got around any clauses for Kiev?

As for his record, would people have signed him on the back of:

39 goals in 87 goals for Standard Liege?

34 goals in 53 appearances for Anderlecht?

16 goals in 33 appearances for Kiev?

No striker is a sure bet. Afobe would be a risk, and a much greater one at £14million. Mbokani on a loan or at around £5million would be a much lesser risk financially and in terms of his record.

Afobe in comparison has scored 15 goals in 26 appearances for Wolves in the championship, 10 in 22 for MKDons in league 1.[/quote]Why is 5m on a striker taking a risk, surely football is about taking risks. We have the money so spend some of it about time our majority shareholders stopped holding back our club. We need 2 quality defenders and two decent strikers in and we will be fine, Collins and Murray no, anyone else we have been linked with is a yes for me even Walters to add a bit of steel and nous to the squad