Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

Centre back

Seems shocking overall management to be going down to the final day of the transfer window making rash bids for centre backs. Anyone with a football brain could see we needed to strengthen this position from last time in the top league. Added to that, we looked porous in the Championship. Only that Alex Neil organised the back four better during the final part of the season...

It''s how the Transfer Window worksOther teams desperately trying to improve on final day:Chelsea - DefenderArsenal - StrikerUnited - StrikerTottenham - StrikerAston Villa - DefenderBournemouth - StrikerWest Ham - MidfieldLeicester - Winger / Wide playerNewcastle - Midfield

I agree. The likelihood is that a huge amount of time and resource has ultimately been wasted in a pursuit of unrealistic transfer targets. This window presented us with an opportunity to enhance the quality in our squad so as to maximise our survival chances, and (in turn) guarantee a share of the substantial increase in premier league finance from next season onwards. We appear to have got our recruitment strategy completely wrong. History will ultimately confirm how damaging (or otherwise) our failings in this transfer window have been. A couple of centre backs needed to be brought into our squad as a priority.                 

Easy to say and quite plausible in theory. But there are many stumbling blocks - Is a certain player availableIs he PL standardCan we afford the transfer feeWould he wreck the pay structureIs he prepared to come hereIs he holding out for a better optionetcetcetcetc

I''m calling this guy as another indy "I watch VHS tapes of football italia" Bones...