Lakey, you are a gem.

You want me to "cut some slack" to people with a different opinion when you spend your entire Pink Un career doing exactly the opposite.

In my opinion, people who believe RvW will come good for us are deluded. They are ignoring the evidence of their own eyes and the evidence of the last two seasons in favour of some romantic notion of redemption.

Alex Neil is a good manager but he cannot make the blind see and the lame walk. If I gave him loaves and fishes he would probably make a nice fish sandwich.

He will not turn the sheep into a wolf.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Lakey, you are a gem.

You want me to "cut some slack" to people with a different opinion when you spend your entire Pink Un career doing exactly the opposite.

In my opinion, people who believe RvW will come good for us are deluded. They are ignoring the evidence of their own eyes and the evidence of the last two seasons in favour of some romantic notion of redemption.

Alex Neil is a good manager but he cannot make the blind see and the lame walk. If I gave him loaves and fishes he would probably make a nice fish sandwich.

He will not turn the sheep into a wolf.[/quote]

My pinkun "career" is irrelevant to this thread - just as with RVW, you are living in the past.  My complaint to you was your repeated "This" "This again" on this thread and your shouting "deluded" at people earler in the thread.  RVW has returned and been given  fresh impetus to his career - as mot people recognise. Suggest that insead of shouting "deluded" at people as you did earlier in the thread, you button it.

It''s a shame LDC that you can''t see your opinion is wrong, in other people''s opinion.
Bor is actually basing his opinion on RvW on hard facts and evidence. You''re basing yours on a notion that he''s a nice lad and we paid loads of money for him and despite all the evidence to the contrary he will be good. It''s clear to see why some of us are with Bor on this. It''s surprising how many are behind you - again the concept that RvW is suddenly going to be able to play up front for NCFC and perform is, as bor said, pretty deluded.

[quote user="hogesar"]It''s a shame LDC that you can''t see your opinion is wrong, in other people''s opinion.
Bor is actually basing his opinion on RvW on hard facts and evidence. You''re basing yours on a notion that he''s a nice lad and we paid loads of money for him and despite all the evidence to the contrary he will be good. It''s clear to see why some of us are with Bor on this. It''s surprising how many are behind you - again the concept that RvW is suddenly going to be able to play up front for NCFC and perform is, as bor said, pretty deluded.
[/quote]

I don''t object to bor disagreeing with others. I object to him shouting "deluded" at the end of one of his posts at people who take a different view to him.

[quote user="lake district canary"]My pinkun "career" is irrelevant to this thread - just as with RVW, you are living in the past.[/quote]
''Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.''
George Santayana

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"]My pinkun "career" is irrelevant to this thread - just as with RVW, you are living in the past.[/quote]
''Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.''
George Santayana
[/quote]
There is a difference between remembering the past and living in it. 

If you''re considering the past you may wish to remember that he scored 25 goals in 2011/12, that doesn''t happen as a fluke.

I am delighted to see our fans get behind Ricky, he wears yellow and green and on that basis will always have my 100% support.

The guy is being given another chance it seems to me, our club have a huge investment in him, I for one will not be knocking this current wave of support he is getting. It may be a bubble of hyperbole, however it may be just what he needs to get his confidence back.

Why knock it?

But there we have it. I am "living in the past" for pointing out he has been a failure for us and failed at St Ettiene.

However, those believing he will come good are basing it on his past record in a weak Portuguese league.

You can''t have it both ways, as the actress said to the Bishop.

hogesar, it''s pretty big-headed of you to state that LDC''s opinion is wrong. You are also wrong with what you say.

At this stage nobody knows whether RVW will come good or not. So at this stage it is purely opinion and nothing more, as it cannot yet be proven either way.

Lets face it, it boils down to the fact that we all really, really hope, and would like Ricky to come good, so we haven''t wasted our money.But would I bet on it, based on the hard facts of recent form? No.

I have to say that, although he has an opinion about everything, I have never found LDC to be opinionated. Something that cannot be said for every poster here.

[quote user="ron obvious"]I have to say that, although he has an opinion about everything, I have never found LDC to be opinionated. Something that cannot be said for every poster here.[/quote]Lol, seriously?[:D]

To "Recent form" I would also add physicality, ability to play lead striker role, lack of pace, strength, and finishing.

There is almost zero evidence things will be different this time, except for one cup goal against a poor Championship side.

People are clinging to this goal out of hope, and I understand why. But it is desperation.

Lol, seriously?

Big Smile [:D]

-----------------------

Morty, can you give me any examples of LDC being dogmatic or arrogant? Eternally optimistic perhaps, but that''s not quite the same.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Lol, seriously?

-----------------------

Morty, can you give me any examples of LDC being dogmatic or arrogant? Eternally optimistic perhaps, but that''s not quite the same.[/quote]If I could be bothered I could probably find you 100 threads.

He''s an NCFC player bor, you wouldn''t think it mind you, as everything is a negative to you.

You acknowledge that he scored goals, but that it was in a weak portugese league. I am guessing the goals he scored in the Dutch league don''t count either?

You fail to acknowledge, that Hughton was an unbelievably negative manager, under which, every single other striker struggled.

You also acknowledge that he scored a goal the other night, but it was only a cup goal against a weak Championship side......

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 28/08/2015 5:10 AM:

lharman7 wrote:
Bor bor bor and hogesar, i have a few questions for you regarding RvW.

Do you think the team created enough chances to score under the guidance of Chris Hughton in terms of style and play?

As the majority (debatable) would agree, our style of play under Hughton stifled any lone striker that played in said position. Do you not maybe think this had a huge impact on the way RvW plays and his confidence?

Now i know you both are of extreme footballing knowledge and probably regard yourselves as among the elite on this very forum but could you both please try to answer my questions in a more simplistic form with a yes or no answer?

No, I am not boiling the complexities behind RvW''s inability to perform down to "yes" and "no" answers.

Solely blaming Houghton is wrong. The season on loan in France where he failed again needs to be considered.

Why did St Ettiene not want to sign him?

Why is he not in the squad on PL match days if AN feels differently?

Why did AN try to sell him to Sporting Lisbon if he rates him?

Perhaps we can get behind some of the regulars who put in a good shift every week and stop pretending the sheep in wolf''s clothing is going to be our striking saviour.

A typical response from you Bor. Childish, ignorant, arrogant and very narrow minded!

You really need to read back on other posters real views on RvW to see that no one expects him to be our ''striking saviour!''

You also have to brush up on your spelling. Its Hughton not Houghton.

Sorry, but it''s delusional to think RvW will ''come good''.

He hasn''t made a Premier League squad this season.

We have far better all round strikers on our books.

We''ve been actively trying to get another striker in too.

A goal against the Championship''s worst team is hardly anything to get excited about.

I''ll donate £100 to the CSF or PUPs if Ricky gets over 5 Premier League goals this season. LDC, are you willing to do the same if he gets under £5? Genuine offer to see how confident you REALLY are of your opinion.

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 28/08/2015 3:45 PM:

Bor, perhaps those who believe he will come good are also basing it on his record in the dutch top flight, rather that his record under Mr extremely negative?

Was going to give this a huzzah but i don''t believe the majority think RvW will come good as such. Its more about him having a fresh start under a manager that allows his team to express themselves on the pitch.

If he''s here he''s part of the squad so give him a shot, if he goes we move on and consign to Wolf experiment to history.

Houghton out! [:D]

Apples

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 28/08/2015 3:38 PM:

But there we have it. I am "living in the past" for pointing out he has been a failure for us and failed at St Ettiene.

However, those believing he will come good are basing it on his past record in a weak Portuguese league.

You can''t have it both ways, as the actress said to the Bishop.

Love this!

If thats the case then Bor how about the for-RvW group and the against-RvW group all just forget RvW''s past and go along with the comments recently made by Alex Neil regarding RvW e.g, clean slate!

[quote user="hogesar"]Bor is actually basing his opinion on RvW on hard facts and evidence.[/quote]So are those of us with the opposing opinion.We know he was prolific before signing for us which is a hard fact, we know that Hughton played a negative system that ALL our strikers struggled to perform under - even those most suited to the role required which is another hard fact. We know that the balls when played in by the likes of Snoddy tended to be high, floating crosses rather than the quick, drilled balls across the area that RvW thrives on which is another hard fact.As for evidence, I and many others saw numerous and repeated instances of RvW making excellent runs and the team behind him simply didn''t bother either making the pass or gave him a bad one, we saw evidence of a player who came full of confidence and was ground down by an apalling style of play and lack of support behind him (including the now infamous Snoddy pen incident), we also saw a number of games where RvW did everything right and was simply denied by world class goalkeeping, and I''ve seen more than enough evidence to lead me to believe that in the right setup with the correct supply, RvW could be prolific again and at this level as well.The problem is that we are unlikely to EVER play that setup to accomodate him, so he''ll almost be resigned to 3rd choice striker simply by dint of not fitting in with the system AN wants to play.I have no argument with people saying that they think his future lies elsewhere (preferably at a club that can and will play to his strengths), but I object to claims that he''s utterly useless just because we''ve never utilised him correctly. That''s like playing Henry at left back and then wondering why the goals dried up....

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]As things stand, he is well worth a few mins off the bench on sat. He is currently our second most useful striker.[/quote]
Be better if he came off the bench when we''re playing on Sunday imo, although I''m sure plenty would prefer he came off the bench on Sat instead judging by the comments in the thread [:D]

If I could be bothered I could probably find you 100 threads.

---------------------------------------------------

One would do ..........

[quote user="ron obvious"]If I could be bothered I could probably find you 100 threads.

---------------------------------------------------

One would do ..........[/quote]I think its best we just stay on topic.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ron obvious"]Lol, seriously?

-----------------------

Morty, can you give me any examples of LDC being dogmatic or arrogant? Eternally optimistic perhaps, but that''s not quite the same.[/quote]If I could be bothered I could probably find you 100 threads.[/quote]And all started by himself. [:)]By the way my opinion is RVW is pants.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]By the way my opinion is RVW is pants.[/quote]I guess you neither need nor want hard facts or evidence Til, you just throw that out there without any reasoning or justification don''t you?Care to suggest exactly why you think he''s ''pants'' or are you just going to stick with a sweeping generalisation with absolutely no support whatsoever?