Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Ricky van Wolfswinkel scored against Rotherham, but can he strike again against Southampton?

Wasn''t it great to see Ricky start and score the winner in the cup game against Rotherham, with Grabban suspended and Hooper possibly off to Sheffield Wednesday he should find himself in the squad on Sunday, can he score again and if so could he yet be our saviour?

Read more: https://www.the-newshub.com/football/ricky-van-wolfswinkel-is-this-the-beginning-of-the-revival-for-the-norwich-city-striker

Wasn''t it great when James Kent could make a post on here without it being some clickbait advertising to direct traffic to a website no-one is interested in?
This is a messageboard for opinions. If you have one, great, share it. On here.

[quote user="kick it off"]Wasn''t it great when James Kent could make a post on here without it being some clickbait advertising to direct traffic to a website no-one is interested in? This is a messageboard for opinions. If you have one, great, share it. On here.[/quote]

Have to agree.  Too many links, too often.

You''re going to give Jimmy Smith some serious competition in next year''s Pink Un awards if you carry on like this.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]You''re going to give Jimmy Smith some serious competition in next year''s Pink Un awards if you carry on like this.[/quote]Lol! He''s not THAT bad. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]He''s clearly not here for discussion - just spamming the site....[/quote]
Absolutely the problem. I have no objection to cutting the guy a break if he''s an aspiring writer and posts the odd link, but this guy is posting a new thread with a new link every few hours. Too much, too often as said above.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="lappinitup"]He''s clearly not here for discussion - just spamming the site....[/quote]
Absolutely the problem. I have no objection to cutting the guy a break if he''s an aspiring writer and posts the odd link, but this guy is posting a new thread with a new link every few hours. Too much, too often as said above.
[/quote]
In addition to the above, I''ve yet to see him make an actual post this week which hasn''t included a link.

Just churning out trash articles. I read the first few and they contain no insight what so ever, so beige it was painful. Just did a quick search and looks like he has failed to be a blogger on city for my football writer, failed at making a city fans site and is a freelance writer!

My favourite though is he is a Social Media Manager for hire. No thanks James.

This is all a bit harsh. The links are entirely relevant to this forum. Link building is an important part of promoting a website. If you aren''t interested then don''t click; and don''t reply as it just bumps the post to the top.

Virtually no content in almost any of the articles, the sort of thing that gets typed up in 10 mins flat and says very little in the process...

[quote user="Frank"]This is all a bit harsh. The links are entirely relevant to this forum. Link building is an important part of promoting a website. If you aren''t interested then don''t click; and don''t reply as it just bumps the post to the top.[/quote]Not harsh at all. This is a discussion forum for NCFC fans - not an advertising board for other sites. If the guy posted the content in full on here and hung around to discuss it then fine. Simply posting a link on here but not hanging around to see if anyone challenges his views can only be construed as spamming.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Frank"]This is all a bit harsh. The links are entirely relevant to this forum. Link building is an important part of promoting a website. If you aren''t interested then don''t click; and don''t reply as it just bumps the post to the top.[/quote]Not harsh at all. This is a discussion forum for NCFC fans - not an advertising board for other sites. If the guy posted the content in full on here and hung around to discuss it then fine. Simply posting a link on here but not hanging around to see if anyone challenges his views can only be construed as spamming.[/quote]
Yes.
As for the articles themselves, they are utterly without insight and amount to nothing more than someone''s bland opinion.  
Yawnorama.

How can you call it spam

when some of the people moaning about it spam cra p all day long

its not as if we don''t get countless bad topics started every day

don''t see how his posts do any harm what so ever

I don''t know James so I''m not going to comment on him personally, however just based on reading a few of his articles some time ago, beige is a good word to use for his writing.

[quote user="Paul101"]How can you call it spam

when some of the people moaning about it spam cra p all day long

its not as if we don''t get countless bad topics started every day

[/quote]

I agree.

Insight.....

Dutch forward Ricky van Wolfswinkel continues to divide Norwich City fans, but with striking options looking limited the team will certainly need him. At the start of the season, the player would probably have been regarded as fourth choice for a striking berth behind Cameron Jerome, Gary Hooper and Lewis Grabban – but things seem to be changing.

Gary Hooper is strongly linked with a move out on loan to the Championship, while Lewis Grabban appears unwilling to play for the club after recent interest from Bournemouth. All of which means, it’s Ricky that is now second choice behind only Jerome.

The thing is when you’re a bit out of favour at a club it’s important that you make the most of the opportunities when they come along. The Dutch striker got one of those opportunities in an U21 game that he scored in, the second opportunity came in the Capital One Cup victory against Rotherham United.

Van Wolfswinkel had a quiet first half, but came to life in the second half which included scoring the winning goal for his team. Therefore, he is living up to his side of the bargain by making the most the opportunities. I’ve written about this player a fair bit so won’t go into too much detail here – but he certainly has quality.

Norwich City’s ongoing hunt for a new striker suggests that the club will have to spend big to land one of their primary targets, obviously it remains to be seen if they feel able to do that. While we would all like to see a new top forward come in, Ricky could be the big winner in all of this. The striker will fancy his chances of being included in the squad for the Southampton game on Sunday, and if he could net another goal there who knows what the future may hold for him!

<>

I see two more anodyne blogs have been added to the board. Same title with interchangeable names. I presume the articles are identical James. A little tip for you. Rather than posting two articles a day maybe save up your thoughts and begin by trying to write just one interesting article a week, spend some time considering the content and doing some research, then if people like what you write they will post it here for others to read.

His been doing the same on the NOT606 forums, posting all over the different football forums. Although I see no harm trying to get your work out there, but there is such a thing called too much. Here''s why he is spamming his http://www.theguardian.com/media/media-blog/2014/feb/11/news-hub-online-journalism-freelance if he''s in the top 10% he gets £6 a month...

That explains it Drunky. Reading this and other forums the fact he doesn''t stick around and discuss his points, or lack thereof, is what is irking some folks. I think NT have started deleting them straight away now.If he is,or wants to be, a freelance journalist then he should write stuff that makes people want to read, maybe something controversial for example, and then people would happily click his links. As it stands they''re nothing outstanding and I''d rather read some of the discusions and rants on here.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Fuzzar"]You''re going to give Jimmy Smith some serious competition in next year''s Pink Un awards if you carry on like this.[/quote]Lol! He''s not THAT bad. [:D][/quote]

Bit harsh, link me one blog i''ve posted that''s as beige as this. At least it''s actually talking about Norwich city though, not some silly bitchy argument that has seemed to spam that RvW thread. If I wanted that, i''d turn on Eastenders or something!