Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

No Deano......Again!.

So no Dean Ashton at Southend today then. Just what is going on?.

Is it all innocent, and it really is ''tight ligaments'', again. Or is there a more sinister reason for him staying behind at Norwich, ie. his imminent transfer?.

Me?, I''m a tad concerned, surely we wouldn''t be lied to about that, would we?.

I honestly wouldn''t worry Wiz, with only two weeks to go until the season start, Worthy isn''t going to risk his star player if he''s got a tight hamstring, etc, so it makes sense really... wasn''t Hucks left out of a lot of last season''s pre-season matches, or is my memory confused?

I''m pretty certain that the club are telling no lies. Ashton has had problems before with his cheese-strings. We haven''t got to raise any more funds having bought all the players we need for the start of the season.

i thought he was rested "just in case" when we were in Holland. I would have thought that would have got better now though. However he said he wants to stay, we dont have to sell him, and if he is sold then we get 8mil or something!

i doubt hes going anywhere, well actually i better refraise that;

i HOPE he is not going anywhere.

Prehaps it is all the truth, but with Thorn now, we do have some good cover. Ideally, if Ashton goes we can kiss our return to the premiership hopes goodbye. TBH we could go on without and still do it, but he would be badly missed.

Ashton is the difference between norwich in the premiership and norwich in the champ

oh no, not another conspiracy theory.

you could be right, but i doubt you are and I doubt you really believe it either.

Me, I''m happy for him not to take the risk and be ready to start scoring Aug 6th. 

Nah i have to say that i think it is purely innocent, its widerly known that Worhty has told everyone to keep there hands off, the last thing we want to do with the season just over 2 weeks away is injure our best player, so i think that its just caution, i believe if he was fit to play then he would be there, but at least it gives us a chance to see some other players, as we already know what he can do.

Is collins and Hughes Playing aswell??

[quote]oh no, not another conspiracy theory. you could be right, but i doubt you are and I doubt you really believe it either. Me, I''m happy for him not to take the risk and be ready to start scoring Aug 6...[/quote]

Fillet: I''m not stirring it, honestly. I asked the question, as I was genuinely concerned.

I really have no idea what''s going on, but, as I believe Deano is central to our chances this season, I''m getting twitchy about some late poaching for him by a big club!.

It really does worries me.

I''m not suspicious. If he were to go though, our chances of winning promotion would be seriously diminished. I would much rather have Deano than £8 million - he has to be the best striker in the fizzy-pop, doesn''t he? We would be extremely lucky to find a comparable replacement if he went. I think the club realise it would be a massive mistake to sell him - even for a huge transfer fee. So I don''t think you need to worry, Wiz.

[quote]actually, with Safri, jarrett, francis and mcveigh all getting injured pre season, he doesnt want to risk our top player[/quote]

Jarrett and Francis will be at Southend, Northern!.

Nah stop worrying Wiz!!!! Deano is staying and he will spearhead our immediate return to the promised land (at least i hope he will).

[quote]Fillet: I''m not stirring it, honestly. I asked the question, as I was genuinely concerned. I really have no idea what''s going on, but, as I believe Deano is central to our chances this season, I''m g...[/quote]

Wiz(see no h)! you would smell a rat in an operating theatre!

p.s the cigar is down to an old 1/2 smoked Woodbine 

Wiz, although it pains me to say it, I agree with you on this one, for once. Something just doesn''t sit right with this situation.

[quote]Wiz(see no h)! you would smell a rat in an operating theatre! p.s the cigar is down to an old 1/2 smoked Woodbine[/quote]

As I quit smoking 3 months ago (gasp splutter cough) the offer of tobacco rewards disgusts me!.

I don''t drink either No Legs, it clouds the aura you see.

So, I have no incentive to remain positive, do I?.

Unless we start talking salted peanuts, now, I have a serious love affair (Must be Marks and Sparks own brand) with these!. 

Wouldn''t worry at all, Wiz. Do you remember a certain pre - season where both Bellamy and Eadie were out for months? Worthy just isn''t prepared to see that happen to Ashton. Worthington and Ashton have both said that the player isn''t going anywhere and there is absolutely no chance that Ashton will be going. Chill and watch him bang them in from August 6th !