Sign in to follow this  
Punting Canary

Title Favourites

Good to see that the wave of money (mainly shrewd money) at this stage of the season has been for Norwich to win the Championship.  VC Bet went an early 9-1 which was quickly snapped up and Norwich are now a biggest price 6-1 (Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, and Premierbet). 

I strongly believe that as long as we keep Ashton (a lot will depend where we are in the league in the Christmas transfer window) that we will definitely finish in the top 3 which means an ew bet is a bet to nothing.  The squad is much stronger than the one that won the championship, and as long as injuries don''t cripple us we must be thereabouts.

Dean Ashton is 5-1 for top goalscorer for the division but only Stan James are up with prices at the moment.  If you could guarantee fitness and him being here at end of season he again is a near certainty to finish in the top 3 for ew bets (18 goals for Crewe in a a poor side and only half a season is good previous form).

Unfortunately you can''t just multiply the two together and have a double as they are related contingencies.  I for one though had a lump on at 13-2 to win the championship last week.  Hope I am correct.

[quote]Does anyone know what the title odds for the 2003/2004 season was for us? It would be interesting to see how our fortune has changed over the past 2 seasons.[/quote]

Not 100% sure but think it was around 16/1