Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Transfer News Thread

From the sky sports transfer centre updates, it states:

"QUIET AT CARROW ROAD, FOR NOW

Chris Hull brings you up to date with the latest dealings at Norwich City.

“Lots of players have been linked with Norwich but nothing had materialised so far. Stoke’s Jon Walters, Everton’s Steven Naismith and Bournemouth’s Steve Cooke have been linked with moves to Carrow Road.

In terms of exits, Gary Hooper is in talks with Fulham but Sheffield Wednesday are still interested in taking him on loan. I’m told a potential swap deal involving Lewis Grabban and Steve Cooke has been rejected by Bournemouth. We’re hoping for more activity in the coming hours.”

All quiet on the Western Front.2hrs 42 minutes to go41.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[quote user="Wiz"]All done on the cheap..........again! [:@][/quote]

Canaries do it on the cheep.[8]Should have gone for higher perches.

[quote user="Wiz"]All done on the cheap..........again! [:@][/quote]When you''re on jobseekers, you can''t go round spending DLA money. [:)]

I suspect NCFC will be forced to cough up £3m for Walters if the Hooper loan move goes through.

I know its not ''news'' but we''re not likely to get much now.

"BRADY HOPING WALTERS SIGNS

Robbie Brady says he would be ''over the moon'' if his Republic of Ireland team-mate Jon Walters joins him at Norwich.

Stoke forward Walters is not on international duty with Brady as he is trying to iron his future out.

“I think there are a few hours left and I’ll be buzzing if it does happen for him, and if he does end up at our place I’ll be over the moon," Brady has told reporters.

“But obviously it’s his decision and he’s got to sort that out today. I’m sure I’ll speak to him later on at some stage and find out all the ins and outs.”

WHERE IS WALTERS GOING?

Speaking of Walters, here''s our reporter Rob Dorsett with the latest on the future of the striker, who has been linked with Leicester as well as Norwich.

“News that’s come through to me in the last half an hour or so – Stoke are only inclined to let Walters go if a club meets their £3m fee, and if they can get Mile Jedinak in from Crystal Palace.

"That’s the midfielder they’re after. If they can complete a deal for him they may be inclined to let Walters leave, but that’s a big if.”

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"]

Not looking good!

Unless we get some dramatic late transfer activity, this crucial transfer window will have been an inexcusable disaster.

[/quote]

Hysterical nonsense. As things stands we have filled every obvious gap in the squad that posters here were calling to be filled. In an ideal world we could do with an upgrade in central defence, and perhaps another striker, and these may still happen. But not everything is achievable on our budget and wage ceiling.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="DEB never forgotten"]

Not looking good!

Unless we get some dramatic late transfer activity, this crucial transfer window will have been an inexcusable disaster.

[/quote]

Hysterical nonsense. As things stands we have filled every obvious gap in the squad that posters here were calling to be filled. In an ideal world we could do with an upgrade in central defence, and perhaps another striker, and these may still happen. But not everything is achievable on our budget and wage ceiling.[/quote]

Wow!

I wouldn''t say money is a big issue at the moment as we haven''t bought that much. It was widely reported that we had bid £10m + for Afobe as well as triple his wages....as well as £11m for that Napoli defender, so i''d say we can afford a £10m player at least, with wages.

PC,Sorry there are obvious gaps in the squad. This may not be in terms of physical gaps but rather quality. We lack PL quality goalscorers and our defense looks leaky. In addition to the need for more than one quality CB, I would argue we are very exposed at RB. At present, we have five players covering 3 positions (2 x CB and RB). If we get injuries or suspensions, we face not having any subs in these positions.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Purple, that''s nonsense and you know it. Disappointed with that from you.[/quote]Really? So you are saying our transfer dealings so far, filling gaps in the squad at goalkeeper, right-back, left-back and left-sided midfield, creating the best set of central midfielders in the club''s history, and getting in Mbokani at the expense of van Wolfswinkel, represent an "inexcusable disaster"? We will have to disagree about that.

Purple Canary talks sense. Too many are being caught up in the hype and drama hatched by Sky Sports News and the Online News outlets who want to cash in on the day. We had a number of areas we wanted to improve, let''s not forget our own Manager said on the day of promotion we need 5 or 6 players to add some depth and quality. We have signed 6 players and now it looks like he wants a seventh, a new centre back as he has met Turner go. Seems he has been supported by the board to do what he wants and has a chunk of money left over for that centre back and maybe a little for January after he has had more time to assess what players can step up.

[quote user="Cerberus"]DC,I admire your optimism, but who is the CB that we are busy negotiating with less than 2 hours to go? [/quote]

Obviously not someone so immersed in his twitter account that he feels he can sit there posting on it all the time.

We have a premiership goal keeper and midfield at the start of the transfer window .... at least we have kept that.

I''m not optimistic just patient, what I see happening is what we were promised in May. So far every position I hoped we would sign improvements in has happened. One more now would be good but we knew it was going to be tough this season whether we sign a centre back or not. I know as much as you do when it comes to if we are in talks with anyone but all we can do is wait and find out and see where we stand.

The reality is that 6 pm is not actually the drop dead time as far as news from the club is concerned, Premiership clubs have a two hour grace (Spain take note) if it can be demonstrated a deal is in place and signed by the clubs, so the agony of waiting for news from the club is prolonged to 8/9 pm!!.....

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="DEB never forgotten"]

Not looking good!

[/quote]

Hysterical nonsense. As things stands we have filled every obvious gap in the squad that posters here were calling to be filled. In an ideal world we could do with an upgrade in central defence, and perhaps another striker, and these may still happen. But not everything is achievable on our budget and wage ceiling.[/quote]

Wow!

[/quote]If you want a real example of "inexcusable disaster" then look at Spurs and their search for some much-needed extra striking power. Unless they pull off  the deal very close to the deadline this, according to the BBC''s much-respected Pat Murphy, is the laughable way in which they have tried to sign Berahino:"West Brom have rejected two more bids today from Tottenham for Saido Berahino, making it four rebuffs in all. I understand they offered around £5m, with the rest loaded in instalments and incentive payments that West Brom simply wouldn''t entertain. There would''ve been no advantage for West Brom in agreeing to sell such a prized asset so close to the deadline,with so little cash up front."