Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

Norwich V Inter Milan - Cancelled

The recent terrorist attacks in London have resulted in Inter cancelling their pre-season tour of the UK.

The Nerazzurri were set to face Celtic, Crystal Palace, Norwich and Southampton between July 24 and 31.

However, the Italian outfit have now decided to remain in the peninsula following this week’s worrying events in the English capital.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=19415&L=en

That''s bad news although understandable in the circumstances. I wonder if City will be able to line up another club as opposition at such short notice?

Oh dear, that''s a bit silly of them isn''t it?! Talk about letting the terrorists win! Remember when some American actors didn''t fly after 9/11 cos they thought they were targets - same thing really, isn''t it, and I''ll be disappointed if its correct...

Mind you, I''ve been out of town and haven''t yet got my ticket...

European united front against terrorism -pah!what a gutless,pathetic response from the Italiens,just listened to Doncasters'' interview on radio Norfolk ,first its on then its off ,and then due to bombs in EGYPT! for lawds sake they''ve called it off,well done Inter what a message to send out..

Anyone just watch Simon Jordan on Sky Sports News? I don''t often agree with the way he runs his club and think he''s often too outspoken for his own good but on this occassion I have to say he''s spot on. Inter have used a very weak excuse to get out of playing four games. Like most of you have said, so much for carrying on as normal. Shame it seems to be people who seem to be so far up their own **** who stop their normal lives, if you can call it normal.

Just unbelievable, and totally without reason.  Terrorism can strike anywhere, and one of its major aims is to disrupt normal life.  Thanks Inter for scoring for the terrorists.  This really gets me going  Why is there nothing about it on any main Pink Un/EDP/ECN sites? 

August 64 (parading as Mr Angry)

Maybe we could arrange a game against Celtic seeing they will now have a free day?
Now Celtic away really appeals to me.

I''m disappointed but lets look at it another way. If city were due to fly out to Egypt for a tour and the players indicated that they were concerned following the recent events there would you expect the club to listen or take them anyway irrespective of the players and their families feelings? Not great pre season preparation to upset your entire squad!

The fear of terrorist attacks is just an excuse; Inter Milan never really wanted this tour anyway...this was a ''get out'' that nobody in high places would have the balls to question.

It''s a shame about the match being cancelled but I can see there point. And it''s not letting them win because this is not a war. It''s a bunch of idiots who think they can go and kill innocent people. And yeah we should be being extra safe which is what they are doing. I don''t blame them.

[quote]European united front against terrorism -pah!what a gutless,pathetic response from the Italiens,just listened to Doncasters'' interview on radio Norfolk ,first its on then its off ,and then due to bomb...[/quote]

Agreed, it is a message to the scumbags that they are having an effect on our lives.  Mind you, would we have expected anything different from our "European brothers!".

gutless? they should look after security on their pitch before worrying about terrorists here! frightened of firework throewres are they?

see inter have wasted no time in fixing up three more friendlies to replace the english ones check their site tap in inter milan on search engine to get website bottlers

I am absolutely disgusted with Inter Milan.

The Australians have been playing cricket matches in London on each of the days the city has been attacked. Do you see them running screaming for the airports? No.

It''s not even a logical decision. Even if Inter had security concerns with visiting the capital at this time, that''s no excuse for not playing games at Leicester, Glasgow, Norwich and Portsmouth.

I hope all the clubs take legal action against Inter Milan to obtain full financial compensation. The FA should stand up and condemn the football club.

[quote]gutless? they should look after security on their pitch before worrying about terrorists here! frightened of firework throewres are they?[/quote]

LOL .... been to a few matches in Italy  ,  I was scared s **tless  that the stadium  was going to burn down !   there might be some truth  in  the thought that  Inter were looking for an  excuse to cancel, but it makes you wonder why they agreed to the tour in the first place !!

Not surprised at all. What do expect from a bunch of Italians. My dislike for them is almost on a par for my dislike of the French

Nice to see one of our Euro-Partners standing shoulder to shoulder with us eh ? Solidarity and all that !

These bombings seem to be happening all over the place, Spain, Turkey, England and now Egypt. I certainly don''t wish it on them but who''s to say that it won''t happen there in Italy ? What would they do then, hibernate and play nobody ?

Come on, let''s be fair to the Internazionale players. If I''d spent that much on a hair cut, I certainly wouldn''t want it ruined by the numerous bomb blasts currently occuring in the UK.

Ian