Sign in to follow this  
Stowcanary

8m bid for Gayle

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]I would rather Gayle than Grabban Ricardo surely ??[/quote]I''d rather keep the 8 million and take 5 for Grabban.Win Win.As it is it looks like we are stuck with both.Gayle not good enough for Palacenot good enough for us

IMO he''s a decent player - I know several Palace fans and they rate him but reckon he doesn''t suit their system. I can''t understand why people on here don''t like him, unless it is just the usual ''he''s rubbish'' stuff that we always get - and got when we signed Holt and Jerome.

Expensive but thats the market this year. Gayle is a decent option for our squad. Quick and can score goals. Rather have him than grabban anyday.

I think some of you just have "he''s rubbish" in your paste buffer and just ctrl+v regardless

We could sign an trans-dimensional alien with 26 pairs of legs and you''d say he was awful.

Not 2 games to rub together between any of you.

He would add something different to what we already have. I would back him to find the net more frequently than Grabban.

Probably paying £1m or so over the top, but then at this late hour we''re gradually being backed into a corner.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]tony cascarino was on sky sports panel earlier said he is worth 3 to 4 million ![/quote]Cascarino is spot on.Palace will be laughing their balls off if its anywhere near £8 million.

£5m upwards for Grabban and £8m for Gayle is good business. He''s a lot better than many on here give him credit for. Would be happy with this.

BREAKING NEWS 1700 SSN

Sky sources understand Norwich have offered Crystal Palace forward Dwight Gayle a four-year deal at the club.

The clubs are currently discussing a fee for the 24-year-old. 

[quote user="OnTheBall"]No thanks. Would rather have kept RVW. And that''s not a good thing.[/quote]

That''s the most ridiculous post ever. RVW is terrible. Gayle has played in the prem and has scored goals.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Cascarino is a font of all knowledge, is he? Gayle is a far better player than Murray, who went for £4-5m so where does that leave you?[/quote]£4 million lighter in the wallet.

Its a downgrade on Hooper , Gayle is no Premier League player Palace just want to recoup the ludicrous fee they paid Peterborough for him . Wouldnt want him on a free but £8 million lol  the people running City really are clueless .

Genuine pacey striker who doesn''t have a bad record in the Prem all things considered.
A step above Grabban, Hooper, Rvw, Lafferty so a worthwhile signing. £8 million probably about right in the current window.
Also, just because palace are getting rid doesn''t mean he''s no good for us. Don''t think we''re in the same mini-league as them this year.