Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Oh dear

The 5pm deadline has passed and no word has been heard.

A dozen or so rural simpletons had gathered outside ipswich town hall this afternoon awaiting his Lordship, Dave Sheepshanks, to appear on the balcony and theatrically wave a piece of paper aloft claiming "Ich bin ein binliner " or some such meaningless tosh to declare all is well and the club was saved.

What can have happened ?

Could the good binfolk have finally twigged that old beetroot chops is no more than an upperclass. ex public school, rugger loving, clueless idiot with little to offer other than sending out simplistic begging letters to fans and handing out supposed inspirational cd''s to the players ?

Expect more players to leave, Sir Bobby (any more players going cheap) Robson''s statue to appear on Ebay and the collection buckets to be passed around poorman rd once again

I almost feel sorry

Well not that almost (snigger snigger)

Oh dear indeed! Still no word yet on the issue?

It would appear that sale time approaches again for the blue folk. And they''ve only got 10 days to generate some Premiership interest before the window shuts. I remember when i was at uni there was a scruffy bloke who used to stand on the streets of Preston selling cigarette lighters. "Gas lighters 6 for a pound!" was his sales pitch!
Now i picture a scruffy looking Sheepshanks outside Portman Road shouting, "cheap strikers 6 for a pound!"

Does anyone know what sort of contracts the likes of Counago and Bent are on? If they''re not long they could find themselves in the same position as Leeds where player sales aren''t going to make any noticeable impression on the debts.

Yes, what a coincidence they just made enough. No word of how much of that came from the fans though.

And certainly not anywhere near the £4million figure that Derek Bowden was claiming they would raise shortly after City''s first share offer closed.

Neither really that much after they''ve handed £400,000 of that over to KMPG the accountants.

Even sadder for our third world neighbours is the creeping realisation that fat joe''s only hope of bringing in new players will be to chuck a few more out of the ever sinking balloon that is poorman rd.

Unfortunately young master Marshall hasn''t moved on and doesn''t look likely to either so no expected half million windfall in saved wages for the paupers

Saha going to Man Utd looks to have put the kibosh of any move for Dyer - so no sell on fee there to help them.

This injection of money will only help in meeting daily running costs - much I suppose in the same way as a couple of buckets would have helped the titanic stay afloat by helping to bale it out.

With every other pot emptied and the binners not even meeting the requirements of the admistration order it looks like they are going for sit or bust.

Good luck if they make it but Sheff Wed, Swindon and Huddersfield are a dire warning of what looms ahead if not.

Second hand statue of Sir Alf anyone ?

I remember reading in the local Ipswich rag, at the time, a guy by the name of Derek Davis mocking Norwich because we had only raised £2.4m on our first issue. I would have thought the meagre £1.3m now raised by ITFC shows a vote of no confidence in David (five year plan) Sheepshank.
Just another thought, am I right in thinking the first capital repayment on their new stand is due in September ?

You are right the paupers at poorman rd only begin to pay of the debt this sept. If the ''tahns'' FA cup win seems far distant then that is the same time distance till they will be id of the debt.

Wonder how update their two new stands will be then ? Given that inflation is bumping along the bottom, £2m is going to be a fair chunk of their income for quite a while.

Sadly the dimwits in suffolk could not quite grasp the complexities of basic finance and had deluded themselves that this money owed was some kind of mortgage and not a debt, eh ?
(try not paying your mortgage and see if it is not a debt)

All the crowing about the success they have achieved conveniently ignores the fact they they had underinvested in the club''s infrastructure. for years From the ground to the training facilities the club was still in the 1970''s. Hence the need for £25m

Without promotion this year they are facing year zero. The majority of their income will be taken up with debt repayment. The wage bill will have to be slashed dramatically and any money that can be grabbed from transfers will be taken.

Mr potato head will go as will his Lordship.

Andy Marshall will finally go having taken up to £2.6m in wages and signing on fees in the past three years.

A sum that is errrrrrrrrr................. probably double what the binners have scrapped together over the past month or so to hold the club together.

Oh dear