Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If we don't sign anybody.........

Yes

I''d rather sign no-one than someone who doesn''t fit/a pure panic buy just so some fans feel better about themselves because they wet their pants that Stoke bought Shaquiri.

But those that are adamant we won''t are "eager to be proven wrong"

Of course. Despite what too many claim, there isn''t a world of difference between the top of the Champs and the bottom of the Prem. We''ve strengthened some, a few key players are developing nicely, and we''ve bossed both teams we''ve played so far.

We can stay up IMO, and I''m sure any signings (if any signings) will be to add depth to the squad and not a marquee signing.

If we don''t strengthen now, we will in January I''m sure.

If it''s yes or no then the answer has to be yes.

Our greatest asset is our manager who has shown the ability to get players playing at their best and has developed an excellent spirit within the squad. To me that''s more important than over reliance on one or two super stars to get you results.

If key players, Bassong, Martin, Jerome, avoid long injuries then yes Norwich can survive with the current squad.

If the situation arises where Ryan Bennett, Gary Hooper etc have to play a considerable amount of games then no.

Totally agree with Mr Jenkins, I think AN is already one of the best managers in the Prem and I think he will keep us up.

the clubs view was we needed more quality to survive;  its hard to disagree with that.   Does not mean we will get relegated - just makes the challenge harder;  I suspect that we would finish 15-17 without any extra signings

The midfield has options galore,  elsewhere we are currently at the whim of lady luck protecting us from further injuries or suspensions.

Yes.

Whittaker is like a new player under Alex, Redmond is becoming the player we all knew he is. Brady is looking good, and it gives the manager a real selection headache once Olsson is fit.

And who knows, maybe Alex can get the best out of Lafferty and Ricky.

Despite all the whingeing, our defence looks up to the job. Our squad is in better shape than our last season in this division.

What ever happened to all those cocksure people who said RVW would be gone before we kicked this season off?

Might just be the key if AN can kick start his career again. Not saying starting but useful as an option alongside hooper & Grabban off the bench, might just be a gamechanger in some games.

Yes we can stay up, the midfield is capable of matching most in this league, as long as we can creat chances we can win enough games.

The first two games haven''t really given a clear indication of our ability so far, I think we will struggle to stay up but that''s expected in the PL I suppose.

There is a lack of depth and strength in certain areas of the team and some players I''m still not convinced by. I have to echo concerns that even just one or two injuries could severely impact our chances.

I stand by original prediction that we will be relegated, but I think if we can keep AN then we will come straight back up in an auto spot.

Personally, no.

I can''t really see where the goals are going to come from. Jerome works hard, but as proven before, finds it difficult to score in this league. Hooper doesn''t fit the formation. Grabban misses too many. RVW, well nobody knows.

Defensively, Martin is too suspect at CB. Bassong is undoubtedly quality, but without a equally as good partner it''s never going to work in this league. Also, if injury hits him, then we really are screwed.

As everyone points out, we NEED a striker with the ability to work hard, chase down, and score goals. We need a centre back who''s commanding and a step up from Martin.

Indy wrote the following post at 21/08/2015 9:32 AM:

What ever happened to all those cocksure people who said RVW would be gone before we kicked this season off?

Might just be the key if AN can kick start his career again. Not saying starting but useful as an option alongside hooper & Grabban off the bench, might just be a gamechanger in some games.

Indy he may not even be in the 25 man squad - he is not going to start

The reason why we have not offloaded him to date is 2 fold

No one wants him and /or no one is prepared to pay his wages

He is hopeless it needs more than a key to kickstart his career

Yes we can stay up with what we have. Will be a big challenge even if we sign the fabled goal getter. Looking forwards to seeing how the season unfolds either way as it really looks like we have a team that is playing for the Manager and a Manager who has given them the confidence to play good attacking football. Plus we have the strongest squad in a long while.

Yes..We have a squad who together have experienced relegation and promotion, we all know about our teams sometimes frailties at the back..its because we know our players, but we made our best signing at the start of the year, AN. Team spirit and playing as a unit, plus encouraging the whole 25 man squad to work hard for that starting 11..this is what we have in our manager. We likely will have some big defeats against the big boys...thats the City way..but i think with AN at the helm we will be ok.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Of course. Despite what too many claim, there isn''t a world of difference between the top of the Champs and the bottom of the Prem. We''ve strengthened some, a few key players are developing nicely, and we''ve bossed both teams we''ve played so far.[/quote]

Too bad we weren''t top of the Championship then...

[quote user="CANARYKING"]have we got enough to stay up ? Simple question.... Simple answer please.[/quote]I reckon we''ll achieve a top half finish.

I''m happy with the current squad, I think we will be fine, but I expect us to strengthen in January when the deficiencies are more obvious.

I''d like to see a new striker, but I don''t want to see us splash cash for the sake of it. We''ve panic bought before (Becchio), it rarely pays off or is worth the expenditure. Unless we can get one of our main targets I don''t see the point in buying some of the names at some of the prices mentioned.

Yes we currently have enough to stay in the Premiership.

Hope we don''t panic buy - because acting that way would bring far more problems than staying as we are.

Only buy quality targets or best keep our powder dry for January...

On paper our current squad looks a bit thin, and borderline as to whether we''d stay up. However, with Alex Neil at the helm, I am convinced that his utilisation of the resources available would see us safe. I would add the caveat, though, that the average Premier League manager is better than the average Championship manager - that''s something that''s often overlooked. Neil also has to make the step up - I''m confident he can and will, but even if we are flirting with relegation we absolutely must stick with him and let him grow. He hasn''t experienced failure yet in his career, and even the best managers must learn to deal with failure.