Sign in to follow this  
Willo8107

Frustrating but we need to get on with it!

Johnson - Great player for us last year and gave his all, shame to see him go. However he was not going to be happy warming the bench for us, he deserves more than that! He would have been unhappy...

Andreu and Vadis - Again, both would become frustrated and unhappy not playing regular football, Vadis loan is only a month and great chance for him to get some game time and build his match fitness before returning to stake a claim for a place in the team. Andreu also needs to be playing football and in my eyes would be behind others in the pecking order... Both now with a chance to play week in week out and get some form! Midfield still looks strong with Tettey, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Howson and O''Neil all fighting for 2/3 starting positions!

Grabban - As soon as he walked out we should have got rid, who wants a player on the books with that attitude, likely to have a negative affect on others! Gayle would have been more than a perfect replacement for him...

Mbokani - Good goal scoring record and from clips I''ve seen will offer something different to what we have and looks more than capable of playing as a lone striker! Exciting signing...

Jarvis - The jury is out, however he now has a new challenge and will want to impress! In my eyes, we now have 2 left sided midfielders in him and Brady with some good attributes to be able to supply our strikers with something to feed on!

The defence - This is an area I really wish we had properly invested in, I''m worried about this part of our squad the most! If we were spraying bids of around £8/9 million for various defenders then it shows this was an area AN wanted to improve, the fact that we haven''t is worrying!

Overall an extremely frustrating end to the window however we can''t do anything about it now so need to back the club and believe in what AN is doing... I still think we are strong enough to compete and have a player in Redmond who is finally shining and starting to show why he''s highly thought of by so many!

Onwards and upwards. OTBC

Just fail to see what all the fuss is about. Have checked the teamsheets for the impressive win at Sunderland and the pummeling we gave Stoke, and all those players are still here plus Mbokani and Jarvis and of course Olsson about to return. Deals were close to being done, but broke down late on and frankly why spend such ludicrous amounts of money at these inflated "window" prices. We''ll be fine!

You seem to be the only one not upset by the fact that we didn''t unload Grabban LDC and for a reported fee somewhat above his valuation.

Even without the walk out business I, for one, would have been more than happy to see LG sold for that kind of money. Quite frankly, I would have bitten the hands off anyone offering that £5m+.

We now have to hope that Mbokani is to be a much better import than RVW ever was and, in truth, there are some very good signs in his cv.

Already, the next Window springs to my mind and firstly I hope that we learn lessons from some of the disappointments of this one.

First and foremost we need a top class centre half on the books and the search should have been under way from 6pm today to avoid any last minute let downs.

In the meantime we have to rely on the return of Olsson, the emergence of Harry Toffolo, a more impressive Wisdom than thus far and the long awaited establishment of Ryan Bennett as a viable alternative in the centre of defence at Premier League level as suitable injections in to what is proving to be a weakish area of the squad.

Very suddenly, our strong mid-field area appears thin, although the loans out seem a good idea for the respective progress of both Vladis and Andreu.

Not good, IMO, and already I eagerly await the opening of the next window, if it is not too late by then.

Says much about this one.

After all the nonsense, agony, frustration and incompetence over the last few days and you can''t wait to do it all again? Have you been taking something?

"nonsense, agony, frustration and incompetence."

Eh?

Is this football we are talking about?

"Agony?"

Wow!

The first chance we will have to re-dress the obvious weaknesses in our squad is the next time around. We should be preparing for it now to avoid months of "agonising" about the prospect of having this weak defence for the whole of the season.