Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Still stronger than ever.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I agree with Scotty ... no reason to be at all positive LDC... dunno why you can''t see this[/quote]

Sorry, I can see it would have been good to get another one or two in, but I simply don''t believe things are as bad as people are making out. Mbokani could be the player we all hope he is - and with AN in charge, I expect us to do well, whoever is on the pitch.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The squad (unless I''ve missed anyone) -Strikers - Jerome, Mbokani, Hooper, Grabban, Loza, LaffertyMidfield - Hoolahan, Brady, Mulumbu, Howson, Redmond, Dorrans, O''Neill, E Bennett, Jarvis(?), TetteyDefence - Wisdom, Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, R Bennett, Olsson, ToffoloGK - Ruddy, Rudd, Kean

[/quote]
26 players to get into a squad of 25 (I have removed Andreu and Vadis)
I would imagine Grabban or E Bennett may be frozen out which equals 25.
It''s certainly not the worst squad but my worries would be:
a) No proven goalscorer at PL level - we need Mbokani to be both quality and interested.
b) Centre back position looks weak, right and left back is hardly brimful of cover either. Brady looks dangerous and his best position is not LB - to get the best out of him, he needs to be higher up the pitch.  On the right hand side we are good going forwards, and markedly less so when trying to keep the opposition out.
c) Generally we are susceptible to counter attacks - the squad lacks any real pace other than Redmond.
It isn''t far off our strongest PL squad, but that doesn''t mean it''s particularly good either.  I worry about scoring goals, conceding goals, and what will happen when we go chasing games we are behind in.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]I agree with Scotty ... no reason to be at all positive LDC... dunno why you can''t see this[/quote]

Sorry, I can see it would have been good to get another one or two in, but I simply don''t believe things are as bad as people are making out. Mbokani could be the player we all hope he is - and with AN in charge, I expect us to do well, whoever is on the pitch.

[/quote]

I don''t like attacking people on here, but what a ridiculous statement. If we end up this season with an injury crisis and our back four is *hittaker, Gafaiti, a wounded bear and Toffolo, we''ll get points just cos AN is managing them?

"whoever is on the pitch" is just a crazy crazy statement.

Doesn''t look strong to me...that back 4 looks very weak but LDC always sees things differently, either that or he just loves the attention

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"]The squad (unless I''ve missed anyone) -Strikers - Jerome, Mbokani, Hooper, Grabban, Loza, LaffertyMidfield - Hoolahan, Brady, Mulumbu, Howson, Redmond, Dorrans, O''Neill, E Bennett, Jarvis(?), TetteyDefence - Wisdom, Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, R Bennett, Olsson, ToffoloGK - Ruddy, Rudd, Kean

[/quote]
26 players to get into a squad of 25 (I have removed Andreu and Vadis)
I would imagine Grabban or E Bennett may be frozen out which equals 25.
It''s certainly not the worst squad but my worries would be:
a) No proven goalscorer at PL level - we need Mbokani to be both quality and interested.
b) Centre back position looks weak, right and left back is hardly brimful of cover either. Brady looks dangerous and his best position is not LB - to get the best out of him, he needs to be higher up the pitch.  On the right hand side we are good going forwards, and markedly less so when trying to keep the opposition out.
c) Generally we are susceptible to counter attacks - the squad lacks any real pace other than Redmond.
It isn''t far off our strongest PL squad, but that doesn''t mean it''s particularly good either.  I worry about scoring goals, conceding goals, and what will happen when we go chasing games we are behind in.
[/quote]With all due respect I''m pretty sure the 1992-93 squad was our strongest ever PL squad.Our present squad isn''t strong enough to survive.

its worth considering grabban doesnt want to be herehooper has been linked away since the end of last season, hasnt looked up for it for a while as hes basically polishing the bench and only getting 10 - 20 minutes here and theresame with lafferty, was loaned out and surplusmbokani and jarvis are loans, and in the grand scheme of things dont actually have any real attachment to the club

when it hits the fan you couldnt blame them for not wanting to step up

yet weve sold johnson, who for his faults couldnt really be doubted for his commitment

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Generally we are susceptible to counter attacks - the squad lacks any real pace other than Redmond.[/quote]

This is what is going to ''do'' us. To survive in the PL you need pace throughout the side and to play to it''s strengths- look at Palace this season. Something we lacked last time and have failed to bring in this time (... Jarvis, really?). All IMO of course.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The squad (unless I''ve missed anyone) -Strikers - Jerome, Mbokani, Hooper, Grabban, LozaMidfield - Hoolahan, Brady, Mulumbu, Howson, Redmond, Dorrans, O''Neill, Voo, Andrue, Bennett, Jarvis(?)Defence - Wisdom, Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, Bennett, Olsson (Brady option)GK - Ruddy, Rudd, Kean

Honestly, it doesn''t look too bad!

[/quote]

When you put it like that! Question. In our next game, the Captain gets injured and Bassong gets sent off (receives three match ban). What''s the plan B?

1 or 2 questions im wondering  concerning LDCs 25/26 man squad,  when exactly does the 25 man squad have to be submitted?..was thinking about Vadis coming back in a month and if that would allow him into it.Also is it under 21 yrs of age players that are not included or 21 and under?...Redmond is 21 yrs old so not sure if he qualifies as under the permitted age or not.Defence looks weak however you look at it though.