Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Skinflint approach

What really bugs me is watching championship teams, those not even in this division, push the boat out in the knowledge of the influx of money in the PL next year. Some really massive deals for champ sides including many millions of pounds.

Whilst we seem to spend around £4m outlay...give or take. It''s risible. Really woeful. Both Bournemouth and Warford have shown intent- we have not. Why not? Is AN too inexperienced to attract players? Did we just Balls it up? Was it the new scout? What happened? We deserve some answers.

Because we have not strengthened a team that got promoted despite a massive incentive to do so in the TV cash heading this way. Indeed our defence is left weaker with no cover at all. Heads somewhere should roll...

I disagree - other than in defence, I think we are stronger now than before the transfer window (given that Dorrans wasn''t ours). I don''t consider us to have had a worse window than the other promoted sides. We did need to strengthen defence, but other than that I think people are wildly over-reacting to today''s events.

I''m with Branston about a stronger squad in general, although the failure to land a top class central defender after all these weeks is inexplicable.

Also, I just hope that missing out on the few hot-shots into the net from Bradley that would have likely been a part of this season doesn''t cost us more than that £6m quid.

What is the point of Lewis Grabban nowadays?

Adding that £5m to the Johnson money is just about what Saints paid Celtic for that top class central defender.