Norwich MP

Matchday Squad til 2016

So here we go then, Premier League survival with this:

No. Position Player

1 GK John Ruddy

13 GK Declan Rudd

31 GK Jake Kean

2 DF Steven Whittaker

3 DF Andre Wisdom (on loan from Liverpool)

5 DF Russell Martin (captain)

6 DF Sébastien Bassong

23 DF Martin Olsson

24 DF Ryan Bennett

15 DF Harry Toffolo

8 MF Jonny Howson

14 MF Wes Hoolahan

18 MF Graham Dorrans

21 MF Youssouf Mulumbu

22 MF Nathan Redmond

12 MF Robbie Brady

28 MF Gary O''Neil

MF Matt Jarvis

17 MF Elliott Bennett

33 MF Louis Thompson

27 MF Alexander Tettey

9 FW Dieumerci Mbokani (on loan from Dynamo Kyiv)

10 FW Cameron Jerome

11 FW Gary Hooper

Oh, and of course those who don''t want to be here:

7 FW Lewis Grabban

Given we can''t score goals, have just sold our 2nd top scorer from last year and can''t keep a clean sheet I think we''re done. Who knows whats happened, but this can''t have gone to plan... I still can''t actually believe we''ve sold Bradley... Where are we actually going to score goals from?

A few injuries at both ends of the pitch and we''re struggling to put a team out.

Redmonds tweet says it all. "Madness.". I wouldn''t blame him if he wanted to join Grabban on the "not wanting to be here" bus.

Well done for putting the whole squad on here. Very clear.Just a couple of points though. We can score goals.Our midfield/attack will take the pressure off the defence.Grabban will be brought back intio the fold - there is no alternative. Overall, it is not half as bad as people are making out.

Look at that defense and strike force! Absolutely paper thin, all it takes is a suspension and injury in each area and we might struggle to even field a first 11.

I think I''m actually still in shock - cannot believe Johnson was sold without anything coming in goal-scoring wise.

Now you''ve posted this

It actually looks worse. Top heavy midfield with no goalscorers. A pitiful strike force. Scary looking defence that just doesn''t match the size of the midfield and more GKs than centre backs.

Oh dear we are in trouble

Before the season started we said our defence isn''t good enough.

The season started and it confirmed they are not good enough.

The transfer window is shut and we still have the same back 4 as we''ve always had. This is the thing that has really fu(ked me off.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Before the season started we said our defence isn''t good enough.

The season started and it confirmed they are not good enough.

The transfer window is shut and we still have the same back 4 as we''ve always had. This is the thing that has really fu(ked me off.[/quote]

But we haven''t had Olsson yet, Toffolo could well be a revelation and Wisdom (CB or RB) is a new player, so it''s not quite the same.

Clearly the club had in mind that Brady was going to be the first choice left sided midfielder when Ollson is fit. Perhaps Johnson was told this and had a fall out with AN about it? Something did appear to have happened from AN comments on Brad not being quite on it this season.

For me another centre half was a must and with grabban throwing his toys out of the pram another forward. If AN can retrieve the Grabban situation he will be a hero but I''m not sure that the fans will give Grabban much encouragement from now on.

Toffolo i a youngster who''s not good enough for the PL (thats not a criticism, I''m sure he''ll be a great player in the future). Wisdom is worse than Whittaker at RB.

We''ll have the same back 4 as we had in the championship LDC. Its not good enough, not when we''ve got money for a CB or a RB.

And oh cameron jerome, you said grabban would go, what happened?

I don''t see goals coming from anywhere. Seriously. Who is actually going to score goals to get us points? We needed to replace someone who scored 15 last season and we haven''t done that. Redmond? I hope Mbokani might, but it''s the same hope that Toffolo might be a revelation in defense.

Chances are, he won''t be, he''s got no appropriate experience.

One injury in training in the next week or so and Whittaker out, we have no defensive cover.

Grabban will have to come back in, but it''s a long way back...

I hope I''m proved wrong, but looking at the players available I don''t feel we''ve scaled up into the Premiership. I''m not over BJ going, yeah he wasn''t amazing in the Prem last time, but he was epic last season and might have carried that into this season the way Holt did. With that news alone today I feel we''re in a worse place than we were at the beginning of the summer.

You''d be surprised I reckon given a chance at the right time Lafferty could do a good job for city. As a target man to come on and unsettled opposition defenders. He has that Fleck, Holt type quality of getting under peoples skin and at 6''4" with good crossing from Jarvis and Redmond could cause any defence problems. Give him a decent opportunity in the right games and he may surprise many.