Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Utter shambles

After yet another day of complete incompetence from the club we have all but sealed our fate. There is absolutely no way this squad as it stands will have enough to survive. A couple of injuries to key players and we are screwed. Tin hat on ready for the happy clappers.....

Small time thinking by a small time board. I hope some news comes out that makes me eat my words but I''m not holding my breath.

[quote user="Hog"]No CB.....speechless[/quote]

Heading for 20th position but with DM still managing to trouser his massive bonus no doubt. What actually has been accomplished in this transfer window?

Still Time for an announcement so I''ll reserve judgement until then. If we haven''t made at least one more signing then I agree that it is looking bleak.

There certainly appears to have been little rational strategy to our transfer dealings.

Rejected bids left, right and centre, players leaving before replacements found, and ultimately no overall improvement to a squad relegated 2 years ago. Very nieve form the board, failing to learn from previous mistakes.

Premier league only by status.

This is absolute madness. And no, I won''t reserve judgement. The whole window has been a horror show in which the club has looked amateur, small-time and unprofessional. To sell our player of the season to a Championship when we don''t need to defies belief.

Whilst allowing Johnson to leave is a real shock, not getting rid of Grabban is a bigger one, along with the utter shambles and unprofessional manner we have gone about this whole window.

lappinitup wrote the following post at 01/09/2015 6:27 PM:

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED!

Your little quips have lost any hint of mild amusement that they may have provided in the past Lapps.

I lost count of the number of times that our meek bids failed to tempt other clubs to sell. We never woke up to the fact that prices have escalated.

Alex Neil must feel frustrated to be sitting until January with millions and millions burning a hole in his pockets.

The Johnson deal is a real sickener. If we go down he would have been key.

We now have two strikers who play the same role in Mbokani and Jerome and.....? Grabban who doesn''t want to be here and needs half a dozen chances to score one goal, and Hooper who is clearly surplus to requirements. Even worse is the defensive situation. With Martin and Whittaker in the back line we will ship bucket loads all season and if God forbid we get a serious injury or ban to Bassong our only cover is Ryan Bennett! I am truly amazed with haven''t got the players in to strengthen these areas. We have the weakest squad in the league by a distance and wouldn''t be surprised if we have one foot back in the championship by Xmas.

Are we back to the days of Chase where the bank manager calls up and tells us he needs X million pounds by the end of the week? Why else would we offer measly amounts for the manager''s targets and sell players before getting in replacements?It''s only just September, but we''re pretty much relegated already.

People asked early on why nothing was happening and were beaten back by the happy clippers. Months later, the same needs still haven''t been met. Maybe a little more "damn the torpedoes" outcry from fans would''ve forced the board''s hand.

On the other hand, had we not phoned in that trainwreck on Sunday and actually shown up at Southampton, the sense of disappointment and hopelessness would be considerably less harsh.

Give it a few games and see how it looks then.