Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

We're Going to get Relegated!

I''ve just read through the recent threads and judging by the general tone it seems obvious that we are going to get relegated this season! Just look at the ''evidence''.

Greeno is agitating for a move (well according to Wiz anyway)

We''ve just suffered a season ending loss to Southend in a pre-season game

The absence of Ashton which is a clear sign that he is going to be sold!

Marney isn''t coming anymore and Hughes is just a headless chicken.

The coaching isn''t up to standard and we haven''t addressed our ''old failings''.

We didn''t sign Freddy Eastwood when we had the chance.

We''ve got no-one to put their foot on the ball in midfield and we never score from free kicks.

Oh and to top it all Yankee Canary has worked out that we''ll only have 15 points after the first 10 games and will already be well behind the leaders.

Normal happy and positive bunch aren''t we? And to think that the season hasn''t even started yet..............................................

[quote]I''ve just read through the recent threads and judging by the general tone it seems obvious that we are going to get relegated this season! Just look at the ''evidence''. Greeno is agitating for a move ...[/quote]

And even the manager is saying we will get relegated    IF we continue to play like we did against Southend...

Ah well - the fans will be happy as there will be plenty to moan about

OTBC

[quote]WE''RE GUNNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!!!!

Damn straight Shrub, and good post Mr Rosario - I like a good bit of sarcasm to start the morning, tis better than toast, heh!

I was singing "we''re gonna win the league" when we were 6-0 down against Fulham, though I was told to shut up by one unhappy punter in the Murderers... I''ll sing it when we''re losing, I''ll sing it when we''re winning, I''ll sing it when we''re bottom of the league... call me a blind optimist, but in my mind supporting a team is all about just that - Supporting the team!

Some people tend to forget that from time to time.....

CITY TILL I DIE!!!!!!!

[quote]Damn straight Shrub , and good post Mr Rosario - I like a good bit of sarcasm to start the morning, tis better than toast, heh! I was singing "we''re gonna win the league" when we were 6-0 down a...[/quote]

Totally right Evil - if you can''t be a blind optimist when supporting your team, then why bother following them at all.

[quote]Damn straight Shrub , and good post Mr Rosario - I like a good bit of sarcasm to start the morning, tis better than toast, heh! I was singing "we''re gonna win the league" when we were 6-0 down a...[/quote]

Totally right Evil - if you can''t be a blind optimist when supporting your team, then why bother following them at all.

I don''t think losing to Southend in a pre-season friendly is cause for concern about relegation. Ok some of the players weren''t playing too well but it is only a friendly against a lower league side!! Norwich are awful against lower league opposition - just look at our record in the Carling cup - we always lose or play badly against teams in lower leagues! Promotion may not be as straight forward as many seem to believe, but saying we are going to get relegated...come on have some faith!!!

[quote]I''ve just read through the recent threads and judging by the general tone it seems obvious that we are going to get relegated this season! Just look at the ''evidence''. Greeno is agitating for a move ...[/quote]

Correct me if I''m wrong but didn''t Charlton score from a free kick against Southend???

I think calling Hughes a headless chicken after just one game is rather unfair and I think Safri (and Francis when playing well) can control the midfield!!!

How about a post with the positives!!!!

As yet Green is still a Norwich player and we have the best keeper in the league!

We have a quality squad with cover in all areas!

We have some good youngsters coming through in Shackell, Henderson, Jarvis and Lewis!

We have the best striker in the league in Ashton - he has said he wants to stay and Norwich don''t want to sell. Even if they do it will be for a lot of money with which we could buy some more quality! McKenzie, Thorne and Huckerby make it a very potent strikeforce.

Our midfield is strong with Safri, Jarrett, Hughes and Francis!

While some of Worthy''s tactics can be a bit odd he doesn''t stand for any nonsense and will not hold back from changing things around or dropping players if we are not performing!

We are financially sound, have no need to sell anyone and could undoubtedly spend some money in Jan if things were not going to plan.

As yet we haven''t used any loans so could bring in some players in tht capacity!

Doesn''t look too bad to me!!!

p.s. Mr Rosario - this is not a pop at you being negative because I know you are merely quoting negatives from other posts! I think we all need to be a bit more positive, pull together and get behind Norwich!!

Is it just my PC, or has this thread gone a bit screwy in terms of layout???

Anyway, I think Mr Rosario was being sarcastic, though I may be wrong...

i think all these threads about promotion/relegation etc are all premature. We have not played any proper competition yet and we may not have a complete squad yet. IMO it will be impossible to really predict until 3 or 4 games into the season

[quote]Correct me if I''m wrong but didn''t Charlton score from a free kick against Southend??? I think calling Hughes a headless chicken after just one game is rather unfair and I think Safri (and Francis w...[/quote]

Couldn''t possibly agree more AHJ!