Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

#transferwindowfail

#transferwindowfail ... It''s not that I''m not used to feeling underwhelmed or deflated come transfer deadline day because I am, as Norwich fans we should expect no other feeling. Our club never fails to fail in the transfer window. However, the last few days - and today especially - have left a really sour taste in my mouth. I have absolutely no doubt that Alex Neil has been working his arse off trying to get a squad together and unfortunately there lies the problem. For the top people within the club to be (one can only assume) working around the clock in their attempts to sign players and not only failing on that front but seemingly without any comprehension of the consequences of allowing others to leave. I think I am safe in saying that most fans were hoping that we would sign a striker and a centre back. Ok, fair enough, we signed a striker, on loan, but we also sent RVW out on loan, and have another that doesn''t want to play for us (and who knows where Hoopers head is at) so it is quite plausible that we will end the window a striker or 2 lighter than what we were...WTF? And then we sell BJ...WTF? And 2 more midfielders sent out on loan...with a last minute deal for Jarvis as their replacement. And now to look at the defence - quite possibly the area that needed the most attention - Wisdom in as RB, turner and Miguel out. So we have ended up 2 CBs down without bringing anyone in...wtf? This window hasn''t ended with me feeling deflated or underwhelmed, it''s ended with me feeling  concerned and bemused at the whole situation. Something, somewhere went horribly wrong...whether it was Alex Neil''s inexperience, McNallys ego or Delias theory of prudence with ambition, the weight of blame needs to be carried on all of their shoulders and a lesson needs to be learned. What''s the old saying? ''I''m not angry, I''m just bitterly disappointed''. OTBC CTID

DDD In The Fine City

Each team gets a 25 man squad, not much point in having more than that is there?

Unless the club is Watford.

the only one I''ll reserve judgement on is the forward. As for Jarvis, West Ham couldn''t wait to get him out of the door. That''s a team we will be competing at the wrong end of the league with.

So we should have brought a winger in to take the place of Brady or Redmond? Which? Or maybe someone as back up....

We didn''t get any of our centre half targets, big deal, or would you have liked players no better than we''ve already got like Miguel and hoovelled last year

If we signed 2 from Gayle, Neighsmith and Walters then grabban and hooper would have gone but it didn''t happen, get over it, trust in the manager and the players that have started the season well

''The players that have started the season well''....

9 goals conceded.

0 goals scored by our strikers.

4 points from 4 games against of the easier teams in the PL.

We have not started the season well! We''ve done okay at best...

Failure is perhaps too strong a word, but it certainly is disappointing. We have weaknesses in our team, and apart from Mbokani potentially we have done very little to improve them.

I''m sure that we tried, but there were some signs that players did not want to uproot to Norwich, with wage levels low for the Premiership probably and because players were unsure of our ambition, and also signs that other clubs would not sell, in some cases because we did not meet their valuations.

So I have a suspicion that although we had identified some good targets, and worked hard to achieve them, Prudence got the better of us. Perhaps we are still reeling from the waste of money which brought RvW.

So well done in signing Lumumbu, Dorrans and Brady, but otherwise a great disappointment because of a failure to do anything significant about our weak areas.