Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

BRADLEY JOHNSON SOLD

Totally agree Kick it off. If its not being reinvested what the fack is the point?

My favourite city player gone.... I''m gutted. Gave everything and I waited until the window shut to judge our deals overall, and you have to say we have barely improved the squad. Its been really a shambles from the club, throwing silly bids in at multiple players and getting knocked back constantly... then letting players go before a replacement is found. After Olsson and Brady (which is LB and LM) what other left sided players do we have as back ups to those positions? Toffolo? Talk about a lack of depth... Sell Jonno, release Garrido and loan out Murphy.. Nice one NCFC... Poor business done IMO.

Did a great job for us in the championship but there''s so much competition in midfield and Im guessing he was down the pecking order with Howson, Dorrans, Mulumu, Redmond, Brady, Wes, Oneil, Valdis??

£6m rising to £7:5 m sounds a good deal to me.

Good Luck Bradley, we love you here.

7 million in for Johnson and £7 million out for Brady. We also made money in the last transfer window selling Snodgrass. WE HAVENT SPENT ANY MONEY!!!!

£15 million for Austin and £12 million on a CB... We would then be staying up!!!!

Are the board just in it to make money?

..... Unless some amazing news comes out at 8pm due to the 2 hour extension form.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Never really saw him as the kind of player that suits Neil''s system.[/quote]

For real? He suited it last season[/quote]
Not really. He was effective in it last season but he didn''t suit the system. Norwich rarely built up play down their left-hand side (apart from the occasional burst forward from Olsson), preferring to start attacks down the centre and right where they had more technically gifted players capable of playing the fast passing game that Neil wants. Johnson was effective in the sense that he scored alot of goals but that was primarily because he was often given licence to act almost like a second striker, with a mandate to attack the far post and get into shooting positions around the box. 
Personally, I''m not sure that allowing Johnson to essentially be a passenger in 2/3rds of our attacking play is a recipe for success in the Premier League. 

£6m for BJ? Now I know the world''s gone bonkers. Good luck, but surely we''ve signed someone else?

Maybe we''re still having to pay a chunk of RvW and Laffs salaries? Who knows?

I''m truly starting to question McNally too. Surely you cannot think selling last seasons POTS and not reinvesting the money will make the fans happy...

If we go down, then todays deal for BJ and lack of incomings will be a huge defining point in the making of that. He shouldn''t be that far down the pecking order he scored some crackers last season.. more than any other midfielder in our team. What''s a guy got to do?????

You think we''d have learnt from 2 seasons a go, retain the nucleus of your successful squad and fill the holes. If we go down this season, I don''t know if we are equipped to come back again. Should have taken this summer to build a squad to consolidate.

[quote user="srfab1"]johno gives his all good luck to him.[/quote]A sadly under rated player who always gave his all for the club.we couldn''t replace him for 6 million quid.a totally senseless act of self immolation.

Really disappointed about this one.
Can only assume he was told he wasn''t first choice, and wants regular 1st team football.
Thanks Bradley.  Great memories, especially last season''s stellar performances.  Good luck.

I''ll admit I didn''t think he was good enough last time we were in the PL.  But Hughton did do strange things to NCFC players, didn''t he.  Certainly didn''t expect Johnson to have such a strong season last year. And all those goals - he learnt to shoot!  Good for him and good luck at Derby.But on the opening day against Palace it did remind us of what he lacks at the top level.  Perhaps that''s why he''s gone. That and an offer the club couldn''t refuse.  I still remain surprised at our lack of genuine left sided players.

"A sadly under rated player who always gave his all for the club.

we couldn''t replace him for 6 million quid.

a totally senseless act of self immolation."

-----------------

well we have with Brady, duh. But what worries me is that we haven''t got a replacement at LB or midfield (e.g what if Olsson gets injured?..and please don''t say ''Whittaker can play there, he can barely play at RB''....perhaps a little harsh?)

Another worry is that we''ve already got a poor defensive record and yet still failed to bring in a defender. This I find perhaps the most shocking.

Am really pleased with Mbkani Jerome Hooper and Grabban as striking options, very strong upfront imo.

[quote user="Benjamin Bradford"]I am not happy at all about Bradleys sale. When you sell last year''s player of the season you are asking for controversy., particularly with no ''sweetner'' purchase. We should of received a centre back and striker today. We have the loan market now. I feel flat this evening. Best of luck to Bradley, who can only go with our best wishes for his efforts in green & yellow.[/quote]
Hate to break this to you, but the loan market window shuts at the same time as the transfer window in the Prem. We cannot loan anyone in.
Unless there was paperwork lodged before 6pm tonight (rumours are Matt Jarvis may have been done by us) then we are going with what we''ve got.

Is their really a surplus for our better players though?

We''ve got Dorrans, Mulumbu, Howson, Tettey, Wes, Brady and Redmond. 7 players who I would consider as "first team players". 7 players to fit into our usual 5 man midfield. One of them is currently playing left back, so ultimately 6 players competing for a starting role in our 5 man midfield.

We should''ve been looking to shift Ofoe, E Bennett, Andreu, Oneil and Lafferty instead of our reigning player of the year!

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]"Johnson was effective in the sense that he scored alot of goals"

I hear goals win games. Winning games is what will keep us up.[/quote]
Won''t happen in the Premier League. Play Johnson on the left of midfield and you have a player who is not involved in the creation of chances because he is deliberately bypassed in that phase of play due to his technical limitations. In the Championship, the rest of our squad was good enough to create chances despite this limitation whilst still playing the style of football Neil wanted. This is not the case in the Premier League.

Just watched his interview for Derby and he managed to look even less enthusiastic than Mbokani. He''s a highly paid professional and I''m sure he''ll survive, but I can''t help but feel bad for the guy. Player of the season and playing the best football of his career only to be shipped off to the Championship to do it all again.
Yes £6+ million quid is a good price and I accept that Brady is better suited to the PL in that left midfield position but unless we needed the cash I don''t see the pressure to sell. I also can''t believe BJ is the kind of player who''d want away as soon as he wasn''t guaranteed first team football, he''s the type who would fight for his place all day long. 

[quote user="cityangel"]Did a great job for us in the championship but there''s so much competition in midfield and Im guessing he was down the pecking order with Howson, Dorrans, Mulumu, Redmond, Brady, Wes, Oneil, Valdis??

£6m rising to £7:5 m sounds a good deal to me.

Good Luck Bradley, we love you here.[/quote]At last, a sensible view. We all love BJ but you have to consider the player himself. He knows he''s unlikely to be a starter particularly when Olssen returns and Brady moves forward and there''s no chance of getting a CM slot so you can''t blame him if he wanted a move.Cost us nothing and sold for £6/7m so good business.Good Luck Bradley and thanks.

Sad to see BJ go- he gave his all in all of the games in getting us promoted and was one the ‘big characters’ in the team that pushed us on when we needed it. I wish him the absolute best at DC (unless they swop places with us of course).

My big issue with the whole situation is why he saw the need to move on so quickly- issues with AN or has he been told he’s second or third choice now (or both)? And is there really such a lack of good vibes around the squad that he didn’t feel it worthwhile sticking around to fight to regain his position. BJ gone and Grabban (possibly) still knocking around with the ''cob on''? Please, please don''t let this be the morale in the squad falling apart.

No, no, silly speculation on my part. I’m sure some news from the club before 8pm will put all our minds at rest.

The one and only player in the squad who could be relied on to give it a go, week in week out. Since GH went, BJ was the spirit of NCFC.I just don''t understand this, surely we didn''t need the money.Absolutely senseless decision & if it all goes pear shaped from here on in, there will be a massive backlash.Maybe that''s why a 3 year season ticket deal is available.

[quote user="Making Plans"]The one and only player in the squad who could be relied on to give it a go, week in week out. Since GH went, BJ was the spirit of NCFC.I just don''t understand this, surely we didn''t need the money.Absolutely senseless decision & if it all goes pear shaped from here on in, there will be a massive backlash.Maybe that''s why a 3 year season ticket deal is available.[/quote]
Wes.

I would rather Howson had been sold.....Bradley Johnson could never have been described as ''lightweight''.

We are constantly being told this is now a ''squad'' game, is anyone guaranteed a regular starting berth?

Making Plans wrote the following post at 01/09/2015 7:09 PM:

The one and only player in the squad who could be relied on to give it a go, week in week out.

Since GH went, BJ was the spirit of NCFC.

I just don''t understand this, surely we didn''t need the money.

Absolutely senseless decision & if it all goes pear shaped from here on in, there will be a massive backlash.

Maybe that''s why a 3 year season ticket deal is available.

Those that proudly announced their affluence on here and told us all that they had bought their three year tickets must be delighted.

Glad I kept my hand in my pocket,

This is not wholly unexpected.

stunned by this transfer. He may not have started many games this year but would have been so important to have around the squad. It just doesnt make any sense. Only Norwich could manage a deadline day like this - we''ve had some shockers but this must take the biscuit. Something must be going seriously wrong in the background and you cant help thinking the reasons behind Lamberts departure are just surfacing again. Amazed how many people think a replacement will be coming in by 8pm