Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

BRADLEY JOHNSON SOLD

So nobody in today and our POTS sold.

What a frackin joke this club is fast becoming

We have a surplus of midfiled options. Maybe Bradders is the only one anyone wanted. O''Neil would have been the more obvious choice. I hope that there is more to this but I suspect his days have been numbered since Brady arrived.

What a shame.

Since the last few games of last season he has not been his normal self and probably had lost his starting spot but given that we have every chance of being back in the championship next season he was one to keep. Very sad to see him go and a very big mistake

We could afford to loose him but it''s sad. He wasn''t our worst player the season we got relegated and I believe he made huge improvements to his game. Am sure he''ll be in the prem with Derby soon enough.

Only 6 mil (possibly rising to 7mil)

Unbelievable - He was well liked by the fans and has done nothing but perform well for the club.

Again, unbelievable.

How has McNally allowed this to happen? Grabban stays after a 5.2 mil bid but we sell Johnson for 6? How?

This has been the worst transfer window in the history of the club.

What is our net transfer spend? 4 or 5mill?
Still got Grabban on the books, Sold our POTS, No improvement on the back 4 we went down with, Midfield is improved overall and strikers marginally. 
Poor transfer window unless we have a top striker and CB coming in secretly in the next two hours.
I think we''re in for a long old season here unless we have some rabbits in the proverbial hat.

Michael Bailey, if that figure is true then the sale makes more sense. Still be disappointed if he''s not been replaced.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Never really saw him as the kind of player that suits Neil''s system.[/quote]

For real? He suited it last season

Unbelievable. 6m according to Sky Sports; but that''s irrelevant if we''re not using it to sign anyone. The next question - was he sold with AN''s blessing? or sold over his head? There''s no suggestion we''ve bid for anyone who would require that extra money; it''s seriously weakened the squad for no reason whatsoever. Genuinely starting to question McNally''s motivations at this point.

[quote user="STAN"]6 million a good price?

Who''s available for 6 million?[/quote]Reportedly rising to £7.5 million.  That''s more than we supposedly paid for Brady, who looks undoubtedly better suited to Premier League football.  Though we still look short on left sided players, in my opinion.

Why are people sorry about losing a bog standard championship player? This is a good move if it means we upgrade to a proper PL player.

I should add my utmost gratitude for all Bradders has done for us over the last 4 years or so. 
Not the most technically gifted player in the world, but my god did he play with his heart on his sleeve. Always gave us 100% commitment and honesty, and had a genuine passion for the club.
I can live with selling him, but if no-one is coming in to replace him, then what on Earth is the point of this deal? Weakening our squad for 6mill in our bank that we can''t spend?

[quote user="juicy plams"]Why are people sorry about losing a bog standard championship player? This is a good move if it means we upgrade to a proper PL player.[/quote]

Hate to point this out but we have minus 29 minutes to get someone in as a replacement.

If we were to be rid of our left-sided, goal-scoring midfielder, there were two stand-out candidates from the Championship to upgrade him with.

Sako and Antonio, with goals a plenty, have been snapped up by two rival clubs.

I am not happy at all about Bradleys sale. When you sell last year''s player of the season you are asking for controversy., particularly with no ''sweetner'' purchase. We should of received a centre back and striker today. We have the loan market now. I feel flat this evening. Best of luck to Bradley, who can only go with our best wishes for his efforts in green & yellow.