Sign in to follow this  
Tommo

Time to blood our under 21 CB's?

With the lack of CB signings, do we have options in under 21''s to go into first team? Clearly we are not Man Utd but they had similar lack of CB last year and ended up bringing in Blackett and McNair to go into first team.

I am disappointed by today but wonder if we genuinely thought Koublilaly Sviatchenko or Collins were going to pull off.

I thought we were for at least one season in The Premiership not the RYMAN league

Unless we''re going to pick up Ron Vlaar on a free - the only decent CB option available out of contract - then we''re going to have to use the youngsters. If I were manager of another bottom-6 or 7 team I would be telling my players to go in hard on Norwich''s 3 senior CBs, even at risk of cards; see if they get injured and make sure to add to our problems.

Gafaiti hasn''t played for the undr 21s for months, don''t know if he is still at the club. The 2 who have played so far this season are very young & in all honesty light years from the first team. Given an injury and/or suspension crisis we''d probably have to play a midfielder there

Gafaiti had an injury hit season last year, made his come back for U21''s in the last fixture of the season v Chelsea, did OK considering he had been out a while, now officially too old for the U21''s as an U21, so back up here or on loan I guess?