Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Jarvis-token gesture or top target?

Cut away the deadline and surely we could have had Jarvis on loan a lot sooner? I can''t help but wonder why we have been linked with so many players, and yet ended up with what looks like a panic loan? Granted it''s not the easiest time to do business in some cases however look at other clubs around us who have, so I don''t buy the difficult to attract players to Norwich/Norfolk.

Are we being too tight with the money? Or have we overachieved last season which has left us behind with identifying and getting our business done early?

Is our manager a big enough pull for players ? Mulumbu seemed to be a big reason we got the new striker in on loan would he have joined otherwise?

Maybe things will look better in the morning?! I don''t think I''ve felt this uninspired by a transfer deadline day since the days of Doncaster at the helm!

Who knows. But West Ham signed a few today didn''t they? I would imagine it was more likely linked to that. Just as Hooper''s loan was likely linked to us signing someone else. You''re better of going out for the day and not getting wound up by all the hype. I went shopping with the wife''s mother....

Well, he is an England international (just.)

He might be useful. Good at crossing the ball and has gained some notoriety for this (Wiki.)

Brady''s strength too.

Have we anybody to be on the end of them? Jonno was useful in that respect (ditto Turner,) but who now?

West Ham signed two exciting wingers to improve there attack.

Jarvis was surplus and got touted around, we obviously took him on as no one else would join our un ambitious, money collecting club...

If he was a top target then I have even less respect for our Board than I thought.

No it was a panic move - SB admitted they''d had a surprise late bid for him.