Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Who will be held accountable for the shambles this transfer window?

It wasn''t as good as I''d hoped but it wasn''t as bad to deserve the ridiculous meltdown that has occurred. I feel we are one quality defender short and maybe one back up striker. That''s all.

[quote user="Herman "]It wasn''t as good as I''d hoped but it wasn''t as bad to deserve the ridiculous meltdown that has occurred. I feel we are one quality defender short and maybe one back up striker. That''s all.[/quote]

Seriously?!

"It wasn''t as good as I''d hoped but it wasn''t as bad to deserve the ridiculous meltdown that has occurred."

I didn''t realise David McNally had commented already!

Jus one central defender and one striker light hey? That''s alright then. FFS

Just one center back and one forward short then? We should be fine then! 😳 lets hope we manage to get to January with no injuries in the center of defence cos if bassong gets injured we are truly fcuk''d

[quote user="Herman "]It wasn''t as good as I''d hoped but it wasn''t as bad to deserve the ridiculous meltdown that has occurred. I feel we are one quality defender short and maybe one back up striker. That''s all.[/quote]

BUT MUH 120 MILLION POUNDKS

Jesus. Can you imagine next season''s meltdown if we''re on course for that amount of cash?

"Jesus. Can you imagine next season''s meltdown if we''re on course for that amount of cash? "

No need to worry it''s parachute payments all the way now.

Accountable to who??????

last time I looked the fans don''t own the club so not them

if you are going to start some more drivel about McNally getting the boot shhhhhhh

you have forgotten the hell of doomcaster or you are someone with an agenda

Any player who is asked to sign for us will look at the club and the manager before signing.

Norwich City is one of the smaller clubs in the Division so it will be harder to sign players.

Of the top six money is no object and silly fees and contracts can be, and have been, given.

Of the remaining clubs the majority have a manager with a reputation who can instil confidence in any player going to that club. Some have managerial experience and some have both managerial and high player reputations. They are big names.

Alex Neil is ................. who?

He has neither a big reputation as a player or, yet, as a manager, so his ability to attract players to one of the smaller clubs in the division is bound to be harder than an established manager.

Nobody wants to join a club where they will be fighting a relegation battle all season and probably do their career no good at all. Money alone is not enough to attract top players.

Hence the reason we seemed to have been turned down at the last minute by a few players.

When AN has built his reputation more he will find it easier to attract the players.

It was always going to be difficult for him during this window.

By the looks of it all 3 promoted teams really struggled to buy top quality players and the top players in the championship were hard to sign.

I do think the window was badly managed as all the players who were supposed to leave like hooper, grabban and lafferty now lack the confidence of the fans.

Mbokani, Brady, Wisdom and Mulumbu are great signings and have added to our squad, however the board have clearly been hesitant to pay the £12million+ fees which will get top players.

I''d say our safety depends on whether Mbokani comes up with the goods, which is 50/50. Let''s not forget Lafferty is like a new signing however if he can play on the last man like he does for NI.

We are going to really struggle this season due to lack of top top quality but we play great football and I do believe in AN''s decisions.

Focus must be getting behind the team next week and beating Bournemouth, which is a huge game!

Agree with coments to a certain extent Yellow Wall but regardless of who is our manager we are in the Premier League and players outside that league (whether in England or abroad) will want to play in it as they know the financial rewards are significant. Money alone would be enough to attract top quality players - its just Norwich with our status in the Premiership (and to a small degree our manager) would have to pay more than other clubs to get the same player and it seems we have been unprepared to do this.

Now there are alot of reasons why you could argue this was the right thing to do as why should we risk paying over the odds prices and wages on players with absolutely no guarantee of success (especially in the case of foreign players who haven''t played in this league before). The really sad fact however is if you don''t - you end up with no-one and risk a swift return to the chamionship anyway !

For me the Head of recruitment should be ultimately responsible for identifying realistic targets within the budget set by the board and sound out (via agents) the best players for the positions highlighted by manager - and importantly those that you have a chance of getting to come to Norwich. Of course the issue is when you get into a bidding war with other ''more attractive'' clubs and if those come in you either have to pay more (McNallys call) or move onto target 2,3,4 etc...

It seemed from the outside alot of our initial targets (other than the ones we got in early Dorrans, Mulumbu, Brady) that we were getting desperate towards the end of the window - which means probably our top 4/5 targets were snapped up by other teams or we weren''t prepared to pay the over inflated prices.

The biggest disappointment / failing for me is that we haven''t strenghtened significantly enough in the key areas - central defence and upfront - these are the areas that will ultimately decide whether we stay up or not and due to the league we are in where silly money rules you either have to pay silly money or accept you can''t compete financially with the likely outcome of relegation.

Personally I would have liked the club to push the boat out to bring in a quality central defender (or 2) and if we had to pay over the odds of these - so be it - the rewards for staying up if achieved would make the decision a good one.

No one person is accountable - so many factors come into play - however ultimately it is a Head of Recruitment role to identify realistic targets - with in the parameters set - so if you wanted to make someone a scapegoat - it should be him