Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

We need a new scouting team / Scrap football board

we need a whole new scouting team one Alex neil trusts we need to be finding the gems in the lower leagues foreign leagues we are never going to compete in the transfer market so need to be buying players to develop into premier players

the football board also needs to go what ever ricky martin and his chums have been doing all summer ??

that is the problem with this club ricky martin failed wroxham player on the football board !! my god hardly got much clout with contacts in the professional game now if it was someone like hucks who knows people in the game and has earnt respect by his career

in football it is a lot about who you know to open doors finding out about players we need someone who has been around the professional game who knows managers scouts coaches

paul lambert had this known in the game won a European cup known in Scotland Germany etc

alex neil hasn''t got that yet and didn''t by the look of it had much help either ,

by the time alex neil is well know in the football circles he will not be here if this is window is anything to go by !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]sorry I forgot the scouts found loads of players scoured Europe for matt javis my mistake[/quote]

They found Mbokani, he was in Europe.

yes true I wonder how many other clubs wanted him ? ( serious question ) could be a gem be interesting to see him play before I judge that one

[quote user="norfolkngood"]yes true I wonder how many other clubs wanted him ? ( serious question ) could be a gem be interesting to see him play before I judge that one[/quote]

So the Scouting Team/Football Board are forgiven now, you really are fickle.

not fickle at all ,

I dont think scouts have done well at all this summer

I dont think our football board is good enough

I dont think our academy is good enough

that''s my opinion and I am not fickle as I stick by that its my opinion and you have yours I agreeded about what you said

BUT still far from happy about the summers work by football board and scouts

It''s tempting to call for a clear out, but it is clear that they looked/inquired in the cases of many players, so they obviously worked through a list of recommendations. They also made bids, in a few cases more than one, for a number of players.

All this is from other clubs and from journalists. I have no doubt that they looked, and in the case of the Italian CB seemed to have gone to some trouble.

Why then have we finished so disappointingly?

1) Prudence - were not willing to pay the very high prices demand by other clubs or wages by players.

2) Other clubs were unwilling to sell - by the end of the window they did not want to part with important players whom they would not have time to replace, or were rivals to us.

3) There are indications that a few players chose not to come to us, whether because of our wage structure, lack of ambition, geographical remoteness, or other factors. We had agreement with their club, but the players turned us down.

Which of these factors were more important or more common, I do not know, although to judge from the past Prudence dictated that we had among the lowest average wages in the Premiership.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]not fickle at all , I dont think scouts have done well at all this summer I dont think our football board is good enough I dont think our academy is good enough that''s my opinion and I am not fickle as I stick by that its my opinion and you have yours I agreeded about what you said BUT still far from happy about the summers work by football board and scouts[/quote]

Of course you agreed with what I said because I''m right and you are wrong, you''ve proved this by changing your position when you''re presented with the facts that contradict your very weak argument.

also you say they found Mbokani that maybe or might be true I know for a FACT we were asking other clubs scouts for overseas players so maybe it was from another club ( not in our division ) that told us about him

my friend who is a scout for a championship team told me that himself he has no need to lie

maybe that is common thing to do I dont know ?

"Ricky Martin being anywhere near a Premiership Football Club is a complete joke. "

No, it''s RUSSELL Martin actually but I take your point lol.

Anyone recommend a good R Martin?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]also you say they found Mbokani that maybe or might be true I know for a FACT we were asking other clubs scouts for overseas players so maybe it was from another club ( not in our division ) that told us about him my friend who is a scout for a championship team told me that himself he has no need to lie maybe that is common thing to do I dont know ?[/quote]

Why don''t your ask you friend if it''s a common thing to do?

I will do as he is a scout I don''t see him much as he doesn''t work in this area last time we spoke that''s what he was telling me about Norwich asking

I don''t know how to search but also same person who said Wolfswinkel was not built for premiership football I put it on here before he signed search if you know how ( I couldn''t find it )

[quote user="ruthers1"]"Ricky Martin being anywhere near a Premiership Football Club is a complete joke. "

No, it''s RUSSELL Martin actually but I take your point lol.

Anyone recommend a good R Martin?[/quote]

Stuart Pearce

Ricky Martin has to stay, if only so I can continue to hum Livin'' La Vida Loca to myself whenever I see his name mentioned.