Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Absolute state...

The absolute state of some of our fans. Ashamed to call some of you fellow fans.

Some of our alleged fans using Twitter to near enough abuse our chief executive. I''m sure you''d love it if in your daily job if you were subjected to vitriol on that scale. No? Thought not. The club is in a massively better position ever since McNally stepped through the door.

Am I pleased with the window? No. We''re extremely vulnerable in defence and I still think we''re light up front. It''s obvious we''ve had several targets we''ve missed out out on. Whether this be a money issue, or purely because we''re not a very attractive proposition we''ll never know. Our head of recruitment had a bad time at Burnley and he''s started poorly here.

What none of us will never know is what goes on behind the scenes. I''m 100% sure the board has been doing their utmost to strengthen the squad. However, this must not be done at the expense of the long-term future of the Club. We''ve got the smallest budget in the league - that''s a fact.

I''m all for constructive criticism, and am not impressed with our summer at all. However, the issue I have is with grown men acting like spoilt children when they don''t get their own way. In what universe do you think that whining and moaning on an internet forum is going to change things? It isn''t.

I bet some of our players are delighted and full of belief that so many of our fans think they''re simply not good enough.

Never a better time than a transfer window to continually beat down the Club you supposedly love, hey?

As for me I think we''ll be OK. We''ve a bright young manager, with a positive and no fear approach that I think will cause a few upsets this season. Couple this with being very organised on the pitch and a squad with lots of belief. Not all the teams around us can say that.

Rant over.

OTBC.

You are absolutely right we have been wonderful in transfer market in recent years

What is most concerning is the lack of a plan. We were bidding for anyone and everyone at the end, Naismith, Gayle, Walters

Absolute blind panic

You have absolutely no idea who we actually bid for or who bid for our players. It''s all media guesswork based on regurgitated twitter accounts.

All you and I know is what has actually happened. We have bought in 5 first team starters if you include Dorrans (that''s half a team for ducks sake!). The only player of note to leave is Johnson who we have got a good price for.

The centre back position is definitely a big worry but the rest of the squad has been improved both in depth and quality.

If we''re not careful this unwarranted level of negativity will spread to the pitch and make our task even harder than it should be.

McNally has said before that they are there to serve the fans! Therefore they are opening themselves up to critisism when the fans believe they''ve not done what they needed to do. The outrage is understandable, we can all see the frailties in the squad, and despite having so many months to address these we''ve not managed to do it, leaving it to the final few hours to get players in, not my idea of a well thought out transfer stratagy. Couple with this comes the sale of last seasons player of the season, again out of no where, a player who''d only signed a new contract a short while ago. I think the board will be pleased if fans only vent their displeasure on the internet. Time will heal the views of the annoyed, but only if the players Alex Neil has,prove to be as good as you think, if not or we more likely pick up injuries/suspensions and we''re left short then these feelings may leave the internet pages and be heard at the ground.

[quote user="Stowcanary"]McNally has said before that they are there to serve the fans! Therefore they are opening themselves up to critisism when the fans believe they''ve not done what they needed to do. The outrage is understandable, we can all see the frailties in the squad, and despite having so many months to address these we''ve not managed to do it, leaving it to the final few hours to get players in, not my idea of a well thought out transfer stratagy. Couple with this comes the sale of last seasons player of the season, again out of no where, a player who''d only signed a new contract a short while ago. I think the board will be pleased if fans only vent their displeasure on the internet. Time will heal the views of the annoyed, but only if the players Alex Neil has,prove to be as good as you think, if not or we more likely pick up injuries/suspensions and we''re left short then these feelings may leave the internet pages and be heard at the ground.[/quote]

You''ll have to get used to the reality that BJ wanted to go to Derby.

Spot on Hairy - the level of negativity is astounding; we''re obviously all at a bit of a loss re the cb position, but I still consider us generally stronger than when the window started, as anyone with any true sense can see.

Yes, it would have been good to have found another central defender, but not at any price. Nearly £12M for that Celtic guy absolutely way over the top. His poor defending helped Celtic crash out of Europe. Some deals we nearly got through failed because the other teams could not get their replacements in and that cannot be blamed on our Club! Anyway looking at our performances so far, esp Stoke and Sunderland, I am not concerned as those players all remain here and in addition we have Olsson due back from injury also Mulumbu, who looks a great acquisition, plus new boys Mbokani and Jarvis, all good additions to the squad. And best of all we have Alex Neil. So for goodness sake moaners stop all this squit!!

Great opening post Wes Holley fan, agree with every word.

Seems when there is a meltdown, this is the place that everyone gathers to moan and the other ncfc forums are dead, now is that a positive or a negative lol lol

A net spend of 4.5 Million from a massively increased revenue.

A defence that has been leaking goals at a lower level not addressed.

The whole of europe to scour for improvements!

Personnel paid a lot of money to perform the above.

The fans are let down again.

Its a shambles whichever way you look at it.

Wait till Man city, Chelsea, Arsenal etc... away. Get ready to look through your fingers!

When Alex Neil joined and brought bassong back from that point on we had the best defence in the championship, explain how that is leaking goals at a lower level?

Yep you can''t, just like the rest keep writing lies to try and prove a point you''re wrong about