Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Chicken Licken still lives - "the sky is falling down"!

The end of the world is nigh! Doom & Gloom pervades.

Blame is being apportioned between McNally and Neil!

Norwich have acquired a beast of a striker, have loaned out RVW with an option to buy and have sold Bradley Johnson for a decent figure.

Our striking intent has been plain for all to see - Walters, Naismith, Gayle

We haven''t lost any key players and managed to keep hold of Redmond & Hoolahan.

We have a new player to look forward to in Mulumbu, and, once Olsson returns, a player playing in his ideal position (Brady). Over and above Mbokani, Lafferty could turn out to be a revelation under AN. That''s without fully exploiting the likes of VOO.

Finally, we still have one of the best man / team motivators in the land in the form of AN.

Now look at our 2 fellow promoted teams - each signing 10/12 players. So similar to what Worthington did when he took us up - whilst it may not literally rip the heart out of the club, it certainly didn''t help create a harmonious and close knit community.

AN has developed an incredible team spirit whilst stamping his authority on the players.

So we ONLY signed 6 players in this transfer window, what more do people want - to copy the example set by such Premiership stalwarts as Villa, Sunderland and of course the experienced Watford & Bournemouth?

Good Grief!

"A beast of a striker"? Please enlighten me on that one.

Well ABC your summary has at least given me some perspective ...a decent post. Defence though?

I don''t disagree with much of what you say except,

''striking intent'' counts for nothing, and it would appear that Rotherham will be exploiting Voo''s potential.

How is he a beast of a striker? Still not getting this one.

The defence is shocking. That''s what gets me. The rest I can live with, but to not strengthen an obviously poor defence is criminal.
Martin and Whittaker shouldn''t be anywhere near first choice in a team that has designs on staying up.
8 goals conceded, in 4 games, against mid-table or lower teams, and almost all of them due to some truly unbelievable defending.
I don''t even want to think how many Man City, Chelsea etc are going to put past us.

Mind you, where would we be without Martin and Whittaker''s goals this season?

Clearly we should''ve signed another CB, and not selling Grabban whilst selling Johnson puzzles me. However, I''ll reserve judgement on Jarvis and Mbokani until I''ve seen them play. We are where we are, so let''s hope what we have is good enough.

Little wonder there was striking intent - zero goals from strikers this season with a cb our top scorer

Mbokani may be a beast or not...remember how the wolf was going to take us to Europe?