Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Benik Afobe.....

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 02/09/2015 4:37 PM:

.... Arsenal reject. Thank God we dodged that bullet!

Lets not forget Man Utd once let Paul Pogba go! Oops!

The feeling in this area is that Afobe, if he remains fit, will do enough to lift a not very good Wolves team to the upper part of the Championship.

Whether he could do the same in the Premiership in a different team, we shall probably never know. To argue about the right price for him is an uncertain process.

I reckon we''ll let Grabban rot in the reserves till January, and Bournemouth will be back for him, and that depending on where Wolves are in the league, we''ll be back in for Afobe.

[quote user="morty"]I reckon we''ll let Grabban rot in the reserves till January, and Bournemouth will be back for him, and that depending on where Wolves are in the league, we''ll be back in for Afobe.[/quote]

Too little

Too late.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I reckon we''ll let Grabban rot in the reserves till January, and Bournemouth will be back for him, and that depending on where Wolves are in the league, we''ll be back in for Afobe.[/quote]

Too little

Too late.[/quote]Bloody hell mate, whats happened to you? I always counted on you to be one of the few voices of reason on this forum.

morty wrote the following post at 02/09/2015 12:37 PM:

ricardo wrote:

morty wrote:

I reckon we''ll let Grabban rot in the reserves till January, and Bournemouth will be back for him, and that depending on where Wolves are in the league, we''ll be back in for Afobe.

Too little Too late.

Bloody hell mate, whats happened to you? I always counted on you to be one of the few voices of reason on this forum.

He is talking with reason Morty

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I reckon we''ll let Grabban rot in the reserves till January, and Bournemouth will be back for him, and that depending on where Wolves are in the league, we''ll be back in for Afobe.[/quote]

Too little

Too late.[/quote]
If Wolves don''t want to sell and Afobe doesn''t want to come, not much more can be done really.
I see your point though, it''s a big gamble to hold off til January, if that''s what we are doing. When has a January window ever made a significant difference to our season? As far as I can remember it either got worse at the that point or strengthened momentum we had already built in the first half of the season.

[quote user="Vanwink"]morty wrote the following post at 02/09/2015 12:37 PM:

ricardo wrote:

morty wrote:

Too little Too late.

Bloody hell mate, whats happened to you? I always counted on you to be one of the few voices of reason on this forum.

He is talking with reason Morty[/quote]Not like you to be negative.Oh, wait....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I reckon we''ll let Grabban rot in the reserves till January, and Bournemouth will be back for him, and that depending on where Wolves are in the league, we''ll be back in for Afobe.[/quote]

Too little

Too late.[/quote]Bloody hell mate, whats happened to you? I always counted on you to be one of the few voices of reason on this forum.[/quote]

That is reason Morty, even the most ardent Happy Clapper cant spin this transfer window

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I reckon we''ll let Grabban rot in the reserves till January, and Bournemouth will be back for him, and that depending on where Wolves are in the league, we''ll be back in for Afobe.[/quote]

Too little

Too late.[/quote]Bloody hell mate, whats happened to you? I always counted on you to be one of the few voices of reason on this forum.[/quote]Morty old pal, nobody has tried to support the manager and Board more than me. I am now into my seventh decade of support for this club and have lost count of the times I have sucked it up when so many of my contemporaries gave up the ghost. In that time I have developed a sixth sense for turning points and unless I see some swift action I am prepared to call it that yesterday was indeed one of these. I know that one is always lurking somewhere down the line but I didn''t expect it to rear its head so quickly.I know my club will never be on a par with the Likes of Man U and Arsenal and I accept that, but to be seen running around trying to pick up the dregs from the likes of Stoke, Palace and West Ham is mortifying. (no pun intended). These are clubs of a similar size and clubs that we have every right to consider ourselves on a par with. It doesn''t take a genius to see where we are weak, conceding two goals a game in this league will get you relegated for sure. Looking at the lateness of the deals that were done I conclude that it''s quite obvious that Jarvis was a desperate afterthought and Gayle was a fallback position when all else failed. Neither inspire me with any confidence that they would be club strengthening moves. As for the shipping out of Johno, all I can say is oh deary f**kern me.If this transfer window was the sum total of our ambition then IMO the Board is suffering from a collective lack of vision. If they tried to land their number one targets and failed then they are suffering from collective lack of competence.There is a difference between reason and blind faith and a lifetime of supporting NCFC has taught me to see where one stops and the other begins.

ricardo wrote the following post at 02/09/2015 8:46 PM:

morty wrote:

ricardo wrote:

morty wrote:

Too little Too late.

Morty old pal, nobody has tried to support the manager and Board more than me. I am now into my seventh decade of support for this club and have lost count of the times I have sucked it up when so many of my contemporaries gave up the ghost. In that time I have developed a sixth sense for turning points and unless I see some swift action I am prepared to call it that yesterday was indeed one of these. I know that one is always lurking somewhere down the line but I didn''t expect it to rear its head so quickly.

I know my club will never be on a par with the Likes of Man U and Arsenal and I accept that, but to be seen running around trying to pick up the dregs from the likes of Stoke, Palace and West Ham is mortifying. (no pun intended). These are clubs of a similar size and clubs that we have every right to consider ourselves on a par with. It doesn''t take a genius to see where we are weak, conceding two goals a game in this league will get you relegated for sure. Looking at the lateness of the deals that were done I conclude that it''s quite obvious that Jarvis was a desperate afterthought and Gayle was a fallback position when all else failed. Neither inspire me with any confidence that they would be club strengthening moves. As for the shipping out of Johno, all I can say is oh deary f**kern me.

If this transfer window was the sum total of our ambition then IMO the Board is suffering from a collective lack of vision. If they tried to land their number one targets and failed then they are suffering from collective lack of competence.

There is a difference between reason and blind faith and a lifetime of supporting NCFC has taught me to see where one stops and the other begins.

Ricardo, please stand up and take a bow.

It hurts and a lot of supporters are feeling exactly the same.

OTBC!

[quote user="Carra Rud"]... all we need now is Nutty Nigel slagging off the board''s ambition and we truly are doomed![/quote]I doubt that he is feeling any more confident than the rest of us.

Sensible words Ricardo that simply echo not good enough. We clearly tried plan a b c d e and f but failed to get anyone of extra quality in. Bidding 2m for a player valued at 7 just makes us look stupid. The only good pieces of business we did were brady and Mbokani and both of those dragged their heels across the line.

I remain in thinking we have a good squad but I think we will rue not spending a few extra million here and there to bring the targets in

I''m in total agreement with Ricardo''s feeling ( but less decades for me, slightly) and agree with Morty about Grabban and Afobe. Maybe Granban will have less time in the cold but I agree with is point. Afobe is one to return to. Not sure though as Ricardo mentions whether this is too late. And what about quick and capable defenders???