Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Our new Loans manager-Neil Adams

[quote user="simmo_2"]How do everyone think he performed in his 1st transfer window in the new position.[/quote]

What was his role?

Could we do worse than move him sidewards now into the head of recruitment role?

He may have signed us a few duds but at least he actually brought defensive bodies in and signed Jerome.

He''s got a few nice away days to Rotherham, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Burton & Hamilton to check the progress of our loaned out players. Can''t see him bothering with Turner at Sheffield though unless he fancies popping into Meadow Hall shopping centre.And of course he''s got the added bonus of a regular jolly to Spain so he can take RVW out for a tapas.Nice work if you can get it

[quote user="simmo_2"]Maybe the sudden instability around the club is coincidence since he came back on the scene, maybe not![/quote]

What was his role?

Is his role to advise on loans in and out, or is it merely to facilitate loans once the decision is made by others? There will obviously be phone contacts, paper work involving the FA, etc., and possibly arranging reception and advice for incoming loans. Is this a full time job?

If the situation is blurred, it should be sorted out at once, but I can''t see that it could be reduced from what I have suggested. Should it be enhanced, should he be promoted to a wider remit? I don''t know.

We shall probably never know how much influence he had in the signing of Jarvis, which seems to have been a consolation for not signing any other players. It has the marks of AN upon it - emphasis on wide players, and perhaps there was regret at having let the Murphy brothers go for the whole year, but how far Adams was involved we shall problem never know. Likewise in the Wisdom signing, but at that point Adams had only recently taken up the post.

i think he is more out going loans than incoming

checking the progress of the players we sent on loan

arranging choosing clubs for younger players

When he was appointed this was the description of his role.

Adams, who left his first team post in January with the Canaries’ seventh in the Championship following an FA Cup loss at Preston, will work closely with the club’s football management board, Alex Neil’s management team and the academy to help oversee the progress and development of Norwich City players who move on loan to other clubs.

Looks like he wouldn''t have any involvement in the transfer window as he''s involved in players that we loan out. By trying to blame him for your perceived ''instability'' you''re just making yourself look stupid.

I like the idea of Neil Adams as a sort of superhero. Like Super Loan or something.

-''Christ lads, we can''t wrap up these contracts''

-''You know, this might be a job for Adams''

Then they wheel in old Neil and he wraps up a loan deal.

Then he goes back to sleep in his box.

All our youngsters got decent loans so I''m assuming he''s doing something right