Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

The Reason for no new Centre Back.

The manager would have to drop the captain and that will never happen. We lacked leadership on the field Sunday.

"We lacked leadership on the field Sunday"

Why single Sunday out? There''s never any leadership or communication on the pitch - apart from the odd falling out between players of course.

[quote user="ruthers1"]"We lacked leadership on the field Sunday"

Why single Sunday out? There''s never any leadership or communication on the pitch - apart from the odd falling out between players of course.[/quote]

I totally agree, I think it stood out a lot more on Sunday when we went down to 10 men.

Gary O''Neil is excellent captain material. An intelligent experienced pro that AN is able to communicate with and trust during matches. The only problem is that he isn''t as good as our other options in CM.

[quote user="Cerberus"]Gary O''Neil is excellent captain material. An intelligent experienced pro that AN is able to communicate with and trust during matches. The only problem is that he isn''t as good as our other options in CM.[/quote]

I agree, that''s why he sends him on to close a match out. The one wearing the armband has enough on his plate keeping his place in the team

the real reason why we never bought CB''s is AN wants to play all out attack.. 2-5-3 formation..and since out def is shyte this wouldn''t make much difference to the goal against ratio

I''m not sure we were ever in the market for a direct replacement for Martin. Whatever people think about him he and Bassong have an established partnership now and I can''t see AN wanting to disrupt that by parachuting someone straight in.
What we do need however is someone who can push both Martin and Bassong and challenge them to keep performing or risk losing their place and as much as I like Ryan Bennett, he''s not doing that right now.

Martin and Bassong might be established but they are simply not good enough. Bassong needed a new CB partner with pace and strength in the air; Martin has neither and this alone will do us this season. God forbid if it came down to gosl difference at the end, because I fear for us when we play the big boys, considering the way we are shipping goals at present.

Wow.....We lost on saturday because Whit''s got sent off for two stupid fouls. Then we conceeded before halftime, game over.I will conceed that Martin is not the best CB ever seen but blaming things on a lack of leadership is stupid.

Well seemingly we had bids rejected for 3 centre backs, 2 of which were supposed to be around £10m so if this is true then AN was obviously looking to add improvements rather than backup

And if AN had succeeded with his multi-million pounds bids for a defender, who would have been dropped? Because let''s face it, we aren''t going to sign a CB for £10m with the main purpose being for them to warm the bench.....