Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Messageboard should look a bit different tomorrow

[quote user="Tilt"]It''s very difficult to read this messageboard on an iPhone now...[/quote]Agreed, whilst the messageboard looks better on laptop and ipad it doesn''t look so great on an iphone - probably because they weren''t invented until 10 years after the forum...Will get it sorted.

[quote user="lake district canary"]It''s good - but only when you realise the bookmark/short cuts need to be changed, otherwise you just get a lesser version which is not so easy on the eye. New link  (works great on firefox) -http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=3275854[/quote]Sorry, wrong link - this takes you to the main page - http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/180/ShowForum.aspx

[quote user="morty"]Exactly Ginga. Also moderators can see what was edited.[/quote]

So Pete can see it. Wow. I agree with the quote issue.

You can''t always see previous versions of posts. As I say, it prevents people from retracting idiotic statements so people can see them for their true colours.

As for the typewriter coment - it doesn''t add up. When using a type writer you have the ability to proof read before publishing. It''s the same as on here only you don''t have to retype the piece before hitting post.

How is it that the vast majority seem to do ok without it? The likes of Nutty, Ricardo, Purple etc? I suspect it may be because they rarely get all knee jerk.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]So having an edit button will lead to trolls saying obnoxious squat. Good to know, good to know. So there are no trolls here, apparently.[/quote]

I think you need to read through the posts a few more times. This is not what has been said at all.

Can''t say I can see any difference to the message board on my iPhone today? Perhaps it''s just me...

My display looks awful.

Thanks LDC for your links; I''d like it to look like this version: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/180/ShowForum.aspx

I need to adjust bookmarks you say? Gawd, another thing to learn - how is that done please?...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]My display looks awful.

Thanks LDC for your links; I''d like it to look like this version: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/180/ShowForum.aspx

I need to adjust bookmarks you say? Gawd, another thing to learn - how is that done please?...[/quote]All you need to do is go to a link and bookmark it (firefox) or favourite it (IE)

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]"The re-designed site will finally be fully responsive on all devices."

Eh?[/quote]

I use Safari. The only way I''ve found of getting a quoted passage to show up as intended is by pasting it, code and all, into an html editor such as Notepad ++ (Windows) or Text Wrangler (Safari) then pasting the finished post back into the Messageboard textbox. Even then it doesn''t always work. Any other Safari users out there for whom the quote function just works?

I like the new skin. Seems to be more mobile device friendly.

Yes an edit button would be good. I understand the argument that it would encourage trolls by enabling them to doctor what they wrote after the fact. However the trolls on here seem more than happy to entertain themselves with multiple accounts rather than verbal abuse.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I think the messageboard should be moved to Broadland Business Park...[/quote]

Yes, I hear it will only be a 3 minute train ride to a platform where you will be able to access it.

Looks nice.My only criticism would be that the threads page is now very hard to read, as there is no distinction between each row in the list. If you take a look at the screen shot, there is no border between each line, making it a little strange, and hard to know what to click on.[img]http://s23.postimg.org/mykgyfizv/msgboard.png[/img]If you could add a slight grey background on alternate rows, it would look way better, and be more usable.Other than that - looks good!

Wow just changed altogether, no lines between post, type face is so small can''t read some of it, please can we go back

[quote user="Wibble"]I cant wait to try this on my Amstrad E-m@iler Plus[/quote]It doesn''t work ! Just comes up with a message box "This webpage is too outdated" please help.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]My eyes it hurts my eyes.Pink on grey that brilliant, cant make out a word it says at the bottom of the page[/quote]Thanks for changing the colours on this slightly from when I viewed early hours.Hyperlinks are not highlighted.Current page on thread not being highlighted in colour or bold Im on a laptop and as Ricardo say`s, its different, but in no way would I say it was better.

[quote user="ricardo"]Its certainly different but I wouldn''t say better.[/quote]That''s the diplomatic answer Ricardo, I''m simply going with "It''s f**king awful"...

The layout of the pink ''un front page has been greatly improved. It looks far easier now to navigate around. And there may be some technical changes to this forum I don''t understand that make it easier to use. But the visual alterations are far from an improvement.

It''s ok, but more cosmetic than anything.

You need some sort of divide between threads on the opening page, either by lines or shading. That''s fundamental.

I would have been more please if the awful/farcical/chronic quotes nonsense was to be sorted out. That cannot be difficult as it is completely unique to this board. Even the so-called upstarts with a lot less funding manage to avoid

this with ease.

I am one of those in favour of an edit button.