Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Messageboard should look a bit different tomorrow

Quoting doesnt work on Chrome but can be easily fixed by downloading the Chrome UA Spoofer ( black mask) from the google play store. it then gives you the option to use IE on the pinkun then it works perfectly.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Excuse the incorrect apostrophe above.

[/quote]I hate to break it to you, Yankee, but that apostrophe is actually correct! I promise not to pick you up on your grammar any more, but after your rant the other day I couldn''t resist it... [:)]In other news, the redesigned site looks pretty smart on my laptop. I like the new font too, so it''s a thumbs-up from me.

Its easy to find the message board from the home page now lol

you click on

Home page and its there in the sub headings

Opinions ( columnists ) and its there in sub headings

Interactive ( comps ) and its there in sub headings

plus there are two messageboard headings of their own which presumeably most people would click on rather than go through all those headings listed above lol

Like the darker pink colour !

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]
I hate to break it to you, Yankee, but that apostrophe is actually correct! I promise not to pick you up on your grammar any more, but after your rant the other day I couldn''t resist it... [:)]

In other news, the redesigned site looks pretty smart on my laptop. I like the new font too, so it''s a thumbs-up from me.
[/quote]

What rant are you referring to Wolfie? I thought yours was the rant. Mine was simply pointing out a really bad error that far too many make. You didn''t have a problem with that but apparently do with where my apostrophe goes. Let me tell you something Wolfie. Over 60 years ago Mrs Grant taught me to use "its''" in the post above. Although there is no such thing as "its''" Mrs Grant said there was and she was my favourite teacher and I loved her. I don''t love you Wolfie ( yet ) but you might grow on me if you apply yourself. In the meanwhile, if you see me using "its''" in future posts try to remember where it''s coming from.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]I hate to break it to you, Yankee, but that apostrophe is actually correct! I promise not to pick you up on your grammar any more, but after your rant the other day I couldn''t resist it... [:)]In other news, the redesigned site looks pretty smart on my laptop. I like the new font too, so it''s a thumbs-up from me.[/quote]

What rant are you referring to Wolfie? I thought yours was the rant. Mine was simply pointing out a really bad error that far too many make. You didn''t have a problem with that but apparently do with where my apostrophe goes. Let me tell you something Wolfie. Over 60 years ago Mrs Grant taught me to use "its''" in the post above. Although there is no such thing as "its''" Mrs Grant said there was and she was my favourite teacher and I loved her. I don''t love you Wolfie ( yet ) but you might grow on me if you apply yourself. In the meanwhile, if you see me using "its''" in future posts try to remember where it''s coming from.

[/quote]I don''t have a problem with poor spelling, punctuation or grammar on message boards as long as I can understand the point someone''s trying to make. I was merely pointing out the double standards of you getting on your high horse about other people''s grammar while simultaneously dropping clangers yourself. I just hope that I might have persuaded you to think twice before playing the ''grammar policeman'' role in future. Educational standards are important, and I''m as passionate about the English language as anyone you''ll meet - but a football message board isn''t really the battleground where that battle will be lost and won.I try not to court controversy or get involved in petty arguments on this board, there are plenty of other posters who are happy to play that role. I have no desire to irritate you, especially on the eve of our Premier League return. Let''s just call it quits and move on, nobody else wants to see us arguing about such trivial stuff.Onwards and upwards, starting with three points tomorrow.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]
I hate to break it to you, Yankee, but that apostrophe is actually correct! I promise not to pick you up on your grammar any more, but after your rant the other day I couldn''t resist it... [:)]

In other news, the redesigned site looks pretty smart on my laptop. I like the new font too, so it''s a thumbs-up from me.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I don''t have a problem with poor spelling, punctuation or grammar on message boards as long as I can understand the point someone''s trying to make. I was merely pointing out the double standards of you getting on your high horse about other people''s grammar while simultaneously dropping clangers yourself. I just hope that I might have persuaded you to think twice before playing the ''grammar policeman'' role in future. Educational standards are important, and I''m as passionate about the English language as anyone you''ll meet - but a football message board isn''t really the battleground where that battle will be lost and won.

I try not to court controversy or get involved in petty arguments on this board, there are plenty of other posters who are happy to play that role. I have no desire to irritate you, especially on the eve of our Premier League return. Let''s just call it quits and move on, nobody else wants to see us arguing about such trivial stuff.

Onwards and upwards, starting with three points tomorrow.
[/quote]

Of course you don''t but you just could not resist having two kicks at the can, could you? Does not really differentiate you from plenty of other posters, does it?

Yes Redders, it appears the template is broken when viewing on a mobile device

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]I hate to break it to you, Yankee, but that apostrophe is actually correct! I promise not to pick you up on your grammar any more, but after your rant the other day I couldn''t resist it... [:)]In other news, the redesigned site looks pretty smart on my laptop. I like the new font too, so it''s a thumbs-up from me.[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t have a problem with poor spelling, punctuation or grammar on message boards as long as I can understand the point someone''s trying to make. I was merely pointing out the double standards of you getting on your high horse about other people''s grammar while simultaneously dropping clangers yourself. I just hope that I might have persuaded you to think twice before playing the ''grammar policeman'' role in future. Educational standards are important, and I''m as passionate about the English language as anyone you''ll meet - but a football message board isn''t really the battleground where that battle will be lost and won.I try not to court controversy or get involved in petty arguments on this board, there are plenty of other posters who are happy to play that role. I have no desire to irritate you, especially on the eve of our Premier League return. Let''s just call it quits and move on, nobody else wants to see us arguing about such trivial stuff.Onwards and upwards, starting with three points tomorrow.[/quote]

Of course you don''t but you just could not resist having two kicks at the can, could you? Does not really differentiate you from plenty of other posters, does it?

[/quote]Fair enough, with hindsight there was no need for me to have commented a second time. Enjoy the match today.

New site works great on my android phone- no more rotating and zooming! Thanks pete!

Is there going to be a fix for Chrome anytime soon Pete so we can quote posts without downloading stuff from google playstore to rectify it?

There is a central user issue with the forum topic list on this message board which is highly irritating (and no, it''s not connected to LDC) and should be fixable.
When the page is loading, a number of plug-ins or tracking sites seem to be called.  You can see these bottom-left as the page loads.  While they are loading, the links on the page cannot be "clicked".
These extra bits include forums.essexlife.com (must be lively), stats something or another, optimised.rubicon something or another and spot.im
etc etc.
This can take ten-fifteen seconds and when the final one finally loads, the whole page "jumps" so the thread you have clicked on becomes a thread two or three up the page.
Could the order of this be changed so that the page renders correctly and doesn''t "jump" on completion?

The only real problem i have is the first 2-3 seconds of loading the main page and the top taking longer to load, so the page starts jumping up and down (idk, maybe grabbans uploaded a virus) so i end up looking at the profile of someone from 3 posts down from where i want to be when i click on a topic...

Other than that...

Working great for me on both Mac and PC – however, on my iPhone it''s still an absolute mess, borderline unusable. Surely mobile optimisation can''t be that difficult for an experienced developer? If it''s working fine on Android, why is it such a mess on iOS? Or is it just me?

With the "jumping page" thing - 
I''ve looked into this and it is because the last advert to be rendered is the ad between the top navigation and the Pink ''Un logo and facebook/twitter icons.
So the page loads, then the ad loads, pushing the page content down (and therefore meaning you have a fair chance of clicking on the thing you didn''t want to)
Could someone who can develop web pages just change the order so this advert loads first, setting the template layout for the page content?

Would also be good to know if anyone is planning to look into the iOS optimisation issue. I think you''d certainly increase your page impressions markedly if you had a functional user experience on iPhones.

Joined this forum a few weeks back but have hardly posted as the format is so archaic and difficult to use. To be honest the old BBC 606 forum appeared more modern than this and that''s saying something ! It''s a shame because although there are forums out there with far better formats http://www.not606.com/forums/norwich-city.48/  this place is always going to be the first port of call for many City fans.

[quote user="KIO"]Joined this forum a few weeks back but have hardly posted as the format is so archaic and difficult to use.[/quote]Why did you bother, all you ever do is moan. [:S][;)]

[quote user="KIO"]Joined this forum a few weeks back but have hardly posted as the format is so archaic and difficult to use. To be honest the old BBC 606 forum appeared more modern than this and that''s saying something ! It''s a shame because although there are forums out there with far better formats http://www.not606.com/forums/norwich-city.48/  this place is always going to be the first port of call for many City fans.[/quote]#nospam ;)