Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

RvW to Real Betis?

A number of people on Twitter seem genuinely disheartend by this. Could it be that our biggest fan favorite is also our biggest flop? I think we all wanted him to do well this year in the back of our minds

Not so much send in the Wolf rather loan out the Wolf. Seriously whats the point in the guy- We could loan the guy in Januray instead? Guess we are loaning him out until his contract runs out and hope someone buys him in the meantime.

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]A number of people on Twitter seem genuinely disheartend by this. Could it be that our biggest fan favorite is also our biggest flop? I think we all wanted him to do well this year in the back of our minds[/quote]

Certainly plenty of well wishers.  Good luck to him - and let''s not forget that he will still be our player at the end of the season, or until someone buys him. Will follow his season with interest.

[quote user="York Canary"]So Jerome and Mbokani presumably the main options and the mysteries are Grabban, Hooper and Lafferty..[/quote]

probably... Grabban sadly not going, and if Walters comes here rather than WBA, we loan out Hoops &/or Laffs?

Would have been nice to see him play in a full strength Alex Neil team just to see what would happen.

It''s nice to have seen him play in the friendly games but they were in Alex''s B or C teams so we won''t know what would have happened in a real, game with real results that matter.

Perhaps though Alex did play him in full strength games at Colney and he saw all he needed to or was he pressured by McNally to get rid because of his high wages...

Back from his French loan though including his u21 & friendly games he scored 3 times in 4 games. (4 goals if you include his offside vs Rotherham).

Good luck to him.And this will put an end to the know fu(k alls who thought he was good enough for the Premiership.

LDC just to summarise for you mate:-

Ricky has never been good enough for the PL. His stats and the fact that our manager has been trying to get rid of him all summer proves this. Thankfully we found someone to take him off our hands.

And I wouldn''t bother taking an interest in what he does at Betis - he''s effectively not our player anymore. He''ll be gone next summer. He''ll never play or score for us again.

I hope all that information isn''t too difficult for you to understand.

Information for the sad know it alls - RVW has impressed with his attitude since he returned to the club at the end of last season and plenty of fans would have liked to see him in the good team that we now are.  He has done enough to show he is still a footballer of worth - and he is still our player until someone actually buys him. 

Also, for information - know it alls gloating, is one of the ugliest things on a messageboard.  Nice work.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]LDC just to summarise for you mate:-

Ricky has never been good enough for the PL. His stats and the fact that our manager has been trying to get rid of him all summer proves this. Thankfully we found someone to take him off our hands.

And I wouldn''t bother taking an interest in what he does at Betis - he''s effectively not our player anymore. He''ll be gone next summer.
He''ll never play or score for us again.

I hope all that information isn''t too difficult for you to understand.[/quote]Real Betis apparently have an option to buy, but then so did St-Etienne. It could be Groundhog Summer again this time next year.

So after the loan how long is he contracted with us ?

Would have been interesting to see if he could have another crack at the prem but would rather try some fresh blood. Am sure we will sign another striker tomorrow.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Certainly plenty of well wishers.  Good luck to him - and let''s not forget that he will still be our player at the end of the season, or until someone buys him. Will follow his season with interest.[/quote]Don''t look so sad, I know it''s over.But life goes on, and this old world will keep on turning.Let''s just be glad we had some time to spend together.There''s no need to watch the bridges that we''re burning.

For the good times.[U] [W] [U] [:''(]

Ironic of LDC to label people know-it-alls. Wheeling out the same old garbage about Ricky scoring goals if he was given service just reeks of someone unwilling to change their opinion on a player because they don''t like to be seen as wrong. The facts speak for themselves. The manager has wanted him gone - this is the only opinion that matters now.

Sorry but I''d still prefer RVW here, than see that spoilt brat Grabban stay. Fingers crossed we ship him out too!!!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Information for the sad know it alls - RVW has impressed with his attitude since he returned to the club at the end of last season and plenty of fans would have liked to see him in the good team that we now are.  He has done enough to show he is still a footballer of worth - and he is still our player until someone actually buys him. 

[/quote]

Hasn''t done enough to prove he is worth a place on a 25 man Premiership squad though, has he?

Good luck to him, and let''s hope the f*ck wits don''t start clamouring for his return when we lose a couple of games.

I agree with you Samwam. Personally I think that RvW is better than both Grabban and Lafferty as he has more PL experience and a far better attitude

Good to see he has moved on as realistically he was never going to get games for us. Just a shame it''s not permanently as I suspect we may have this same circus surrounding him next season before we inevitably end up releasing him on a free the year after.

Good luck Ricky hope this one works out for you. I''m sure we will all be watching with interest.

" I agree with you Samwam. Personally I think that RvW is better than both Grabban and Lafferty as he has more PL experience and a far better attitude"

Attitude is there but the experience of scoring 1 PL goal can quickly be overtaken by either striker in a matter of minutes. Also RVW''s Prem experience could actually be holding him back, seeing as it more likely to cause him fear and apprehension.

Great to see our Ricky settling in and making an immediate impact for Real Betis.  Alex Neil''s missed a trick there, let''s hope it doesn''t come back to bite him.