Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

3 year season ticket

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]So Tilly, do you remain within your current age category over the next 3 years?[/quote]No i do not nbs as i turn 65 next year but the sting in the tail is i sit in centre seats which do not receive any concessions. [:''(]

I really am intrigued about why the club finds it necessary to raise this extra money and why at this particular stage? Why do they wish to forgo future income (which has its own dangers)?

If it were to fund transfer activity the timing is strange - a week before the window closes; straight after the playoff final would have made more sense.

I know the PL payments come through in stages but the only way I can make sense of it is that the club are panning to spend their January contingency in this window and want to have some money available in January.

This is, of course, without any inside knowledge but I cannot make sense of it any other way.

Any other ideas?

[quote user=" Badger"]I really am intrigued about why the club finds it necessary to raise this extra money and why at this particular stage? Why do they wish to forgo future income (which has its own dangers)?

If it were to fund transfer activity the timing is strange - a week before the window closes; straight after the playoff final would have made more sense.

I know the PL payments come through in stages but the only way I can make sense of it is that the club are panning to spend their January contingency in this window and want to have some money available in January.

This is, of course, without any inside knowledge but I cannot make sense of it any other way.

Any other ideas?[/quote]The one drawback of this forum is that you often get two or more threads on the same subject! I made just that point (again, without any inside knowledge) on the other thread yesterday.Not that we plan to spend all the January money now - that would be foolhardy - but perhaps that we have decided, in our search for a striker - that we may have to spend some of what was being put aside for the winter window.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user=" Badger"]I really am intrigued about why the club finds it necessary to raise this extra money and why at this particular stage? Why do they wish to forgo future income (which has its own dangers)?

Any other ideas?[/quote]The one drawback of this forum is that you often get two or more threads on the same subject! I made just that point (again, without any inside knowledge) on the other thread yesterday.Not that we plan to spend all the January money now - that would be foolhardy - but perhaps that we have decided, in our search for a striker - that we may have to spend some of what was being put aside for the winter window.[/quote]

Sorry Purple, I missed the other thread. I think that I was put off by the title - I thought it was just one of those silly point-scoring ones and hadn''t looked at it.

Sorry Purple, I missed the other thread. I think that I was put off by the title - I thought it was just one of those silly point-scoring ones and hadn''t looked at it.

(This time without all the messy stuff - I''ve just bought a new PC and all this stuff has started appearing at times - I can''t remember how I got rid of it before.)

[quote user=" Badger"]Sorry Purple, I missed the other thread. I think that I was put off by the title - I thought it was just one of those silly point-scoring ones and hadn''t looked at it.

(This time without all the messy stuff - I''ve just bought a new PC and all this stuff has started appearing at times - I can''t remember how I got rid of it before.)[/quote]I don''t blame you at all - the title AND the poster perhaps?!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]So Tilly, do you remain within your current age category over the next 3 years?[/quote]No i do not nbs as i turn 65 next year but the sting in the tail is i sit in centre seats which do not receive any concessions. [:''(][/quote]Never mind Tilly.......your old age pension will kick in to ease the pain [:D]

It only affects a minority of people anyway. If the club wanted to reduce the amount of season ticket holders then all they have to do is remove the 12 monthly interest free credit. That would get rid of thousands at a stroke. It is worth more than a concession for most of us to be able to renew at the first deadline and pay for it interest free over the following twelve months.

What if they are making the club more attractive to sell, not spending too much(no debt) and a majority of season ticket holder signed up for 3 years.

A lot of business operate this way prior to selling ie bulking up the staff numbers etc.

[quote user="dibbler"]What if they are making the club more attractive to sell, not spending too much(no debt) and a majority of season ticket holder signed up for 3 years.

A lot of business operate this way prior to selling ie bulking up the staff numbers etc.[/quote]

Unlikely Dibbler, season ticket revenue would be factored in for any potential buyer, and if money had been taken up front that would be expected to be reflected in either the sale price, or factored back in, would you buy a business when a large slice of its guaranteed income over the next 2-3 years had been realised in advance ? most wouldn''t

As someone pointed out to me this is a bit of a gamble bearing in mind the recent protests about Premier League ticket prices. Even with our sell out crowds if we''re still in this league it''ll be hard to justify increasing season/casual ticket prices with all the extra TV money coming in next year.If we were to get relegated there''s no way season ticket prices would increase as casual seats will be cheaper.Can''t see how this one''s going to be much of an attraction to most fans.

If we get relegated season ticket prices will be set months before. As they were the last time. Just as this season''s prices were set during a Championship campaign.

[quote user=" Badger"]I really am intrigued about why the club finds it necessary to raise this extra money and why at this particular stage? Why do they wish to forgo future income (which has its own dangers)?

Any other ideas?[/quote]That was my first thought, and it could well be at least in part the reason. But there are often hidden costs in transfers already made (some even dating back two or more seasons) and perhaps more than a fair share of those liabilities are now or shortly due.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 07/10/2015 10:31 PM:

Badger wrote:

I really am intrigued about why the club finds it necessary to raise this extra money and why at this particular stage? Why do they wish to forgo future income (which has its own dangers)? If it were to fund transfer activity the timing is strange - a week before the window closes; straight after the playoff final would have made more sense. I know the PL payments come through in stages but the only way I can make sense of it is that the club are panning to spend their January contingency in this window and want to have some money available in January. This is, of course, without any inside knowledge but I cannot make sense of it any other way. Any other ideas?

That was my first thought, and it could well be at least in part the reason. But there are often hidden costs in transfers already made (some even dating back two or more seasons) and perhaps more than a fair share of those liabilities are now or shortly due.

Purple I could not agree more - all that KAK that Adams signed last summer - the more expensive ones (Laffs & Voo) that we cant off load must be costing us a fortune - spot on mate

Purple, Gunthorpe, whilst I obviousaly could not rule thios out, it does seem to me that these clauses from previous transfers would have been known in advance and presumably budgeted for. It therefore is not a sufficient explanation of why the three year season ticket plan was so late in the day. It seems a very last minute decision (although I suppose it could be the operation of a contingency plan being put into place - eg for non sale of RVW?)Still rather strange to me.

[quote user=" Badger"]Purple, Gunthorpe, whilst I obviousaly could not rule thios out, it does seem to me that these clauses from previous transfers would have been known in advance and presumably budgeted for. It therefore is not a sufficient explanation of why the three year season ticket plan was so late in the day. It seems a very last minute decision (although I suppose it could be the operation of a contingency plan being put into place - eg for non sale of RVW?)Still rather strange to me.[/quote]Badger, you are right that these clauses are known in advance, although some - such as number of appearances and promotion - are dependent. You don''t know when you agree to them how much they might cost! And indeed when they might cost you.My suggestion was more that there might be a combination of such clauses being activated, particularly because of promotion, and the desire to build up a pot of money for January.

There is also the possibility that we''re lumbered with a sizeable percentage of RVWs wages even though he''s not required by the manager. I suspect he''s been replaced making any costs extra to the player budget. That wouldn''t be planned for.

RvW was a £16m investment.

It would be reasonable to expect some residual resale value (at the point of purchase).

This is not "unambitious" or "planning for failure" as some woild characterise the board.

The big striker purchase is a cyclical opportunity that swallows the money and represents a major investment. In the case of RvW it has materialised into the very worst possible case scenario.

Parma